• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Hello Cubers!

mars28

Hello everyone.
Long ago, I had some short episodes associated with cubing, in school I learned the LBL method. Later, other activities (studies, work, family) meant that I completely forgot about Rubik's cube. Three months ago I accidentally came across a Giiker 3x3 cube and thought "cool gadget, maybe I can play a little". So I bought it and... it sucked me in. I know that I will never be a speedcuber, I'm just too old (43 years old) and my fingers are not as flexible as they used to be. Memory is no longer the same. So I will rather do it for fun. For now, my times are around 1 minute. I have an ambitious plan to learn as many algorithms as possible, and go down to 30-40 seconds by summer. Unfortunately, the biggest problem is most often the recognition of what algorithm to use at a given moment, especially at the F2L stage.
Over the past month, I've also learned the beginner method for 2x2, 4x4, 5x5, megaminx and pyraminx. But from now I focus only on 3x3. We'll see how it goes.
Happy cubing for everyone.
mars28

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! Have a look here, you’re not alone...

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, after these few months of solving 3x3 cube in my spare time, I was able to go down to 30-40 seconds. I also learned full OLL and PLL, finally. Still the biggest problem is finding the right algorithm quickly. Well, I'll keep practicing.
Happy cubing for everyone.
mars28
If you haven't already, try using jperm.net when the scramble is given, try doing it under the table, and start the timer without looking at the cube. When the timer starts, then start looking at the cube, so your recognizantion time is included, and stop the timer when you are done with the case