• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hand problems due to speedcubing

icarneiro

Have you had any changes to your hand due to speedcubing?

Over the months of practicing, a small "ball" began to appear on my left index finger, look like a "swelling", just below my fingernail. I use this part to stop the rotation (UP face) all the time, and I believe it influenced hahahah

And you guys? Any problems?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
No, although my hands have become tougher over the months of turning faces. I suppose this is natural. Try taking a break from cubing, and see if its gone down. Not too big a problem
It doesn’t even have to be cube related. ;)

Hazel

Premium Member
Have you had any changes to your hand due to speedcubing?

Over the months of practicing, a small "ball" began to appear on my left index finger, look like a "swelling", just below my fingernail. I use this part to stop the rotation (UP face) all the time, and I believe it influenced hahahah

And you guys? Any problems?
This "ball" is on my right ring finger because when I write, I push the pen against that part of my finger for stability. Just take a break and come back later if you're hurting.

Apolo

If it hurts, stop and if it hurts too much (can happen with bad cubes) put some ice on your hands.
You also should do some movements before you start to cube.
Doing fast algs and fingertricks when your hands are cold is bad