• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guildford Open 2016 (UK) Oct 1-2

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure why we're not doing the normal MBLD over lunch thing, it doesn't even add to the scedual.

It actually adds about 30 minutes over lunch, also it requires the organisers to work over lunch so we don't get a break. Also it is required to have a delegate in the room. Also generally since we don't have enough judges, the organisers and delegates mostly end up judging as well, giving us no time for our own lunch. If you want MBLD, go to the competitions that hold it, which are a majority.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not sure why we're not doing the normal MBLD over lunch thing, it doesn't even add to the scedual.
As someone who has attempted 10+ cubes in MBLD in comp several times (max was 17), I'd be happy for the occasional excuse to pack more lightly than usual. That's one good reason why I'm taking my time getting back into doing it, so I can enjoy not having a much heavier backpack full of 3x3s. Multi is fun, but it has some annoying practical disadvantages compared to other events (for large attempts anyway). But maybe you disagree :).

Also, what Mollerz said.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
What Mollerz said, plus as someone who wants to compete for the full hour of MBLD at every comp I take out more than I put in and am appreciative of the voluntary effort others put in to support that.

Perhaps there are ways we can change the way we do things to lighten the load on organisers and delegates? For example, would adopting American style sight blockers allow one judge to cover multiple competitors?

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What Mollerz said, plus as someone who wants to compete for the full hour of MBLD at every comp I take out more than I put in and am appreciative of the voluntary effort others put in to support that.

Perhaps there are ways we can change the way we do things to lighten the load on organisers and delegates? For example, would adopting American style sight blockers allow one judge to cover multiple competitors?
Good idea. I only do MBLD to avoid having to hold up that piece of card ;)

Rubix Cubix

WCA
2016GLOZ01
I've registered for competition, but after looking at the cut-off times there's no way I'm going to make them for 5x5, square-1 or megaminx. How can I remove myself from these events?

Chris Dueck

WCA
2016DUEC01
I need to choose between competing in 6x6 or Megaminx, currently I'm not quite below cut off for either of them, so I might even drop out of both depending on how much progress I can

Logiqx

WCA
2015GEOR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know how I managed it but my event selection seems to have gone very wrong. I'm currently down for 7x7 only when I actually intended 2/3/4/5/6, OH and Pyra.

Sorry for the trouble!

ronaldm

WCA
2015MANS04
Talking about event selection: Can you add me to 5, 6 and 7 as well please? Practice is starting to pay off, so time to get comp experience in those events as well :)

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've registered for competition, but after looking at the cut-off times there's no way I'm going to make them for 5x5, square-1 or megaminx. How can I remove myself from these events?
What is your name? I will do it.
Hello. Can I be added to skewb and clock please.
Done
If you're updating registrations anyway, can you add me for Pyraminx and 3BLD please? Cheers.
Done
I don't know how I managed it but my event selection seems to have gone very wrong. I'm currently down for 7x7 only when I actually intended 2/3/4/5/6, OH and Pyra.

Sorry for the trouble!
Done
Talking about event selection: Can you add me to 5, 6 and 7 as well please? Practice is starting to pay off, so time to get comp experience in those events as well :)
Done