• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Guhong edges scratching each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KobaltKour

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, I got my Guhong two weeks ago and have been very happy with it. I've lubed it twice with 3 in 1 silicone spray which has worked very well for me.

However I noticed that the edges always seem to have scraped off plastic, leaving a white residue. It has also lost some of it's glossy surface. I try to wipe it off when it generates a lot but it keeps coming back. This concerns me because when I see videos, other cubers remove an edge and it is still completely glossy and shiny. I attached a picture of what it looks like. Is this normal? Is there a way I can stop it?

The picture is not showing for some reason, here is the link http://tinypic.com/r/15y6uyd/6

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Its nothing to worry about.
Its a combination of cilicon residue, and dust. It happens to my Zhanchi a lot. If it really bothers you, then you can clean all of the pieces, over time the build up gets less, but its pretty much always there.

rk960925

WCA
2011KIMN01
Well, there are several possibilities of what those white residues are:
1. Silicon tends to leave white residues to keep the friction as low as possible, or
2. It's just some mysterious stuff from outer space :p
So, since your guhong is black, there is no way the white residues can be chipped off plastic from your cube.
It's the silicon residue that is GOOD for your cube. It happens to every silicon lubes, so no need to worry!
Good luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.