• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gqTimer – the Graphy qqTimer mod that Logs and Graphs your times

Cuberfreak

Separating cube types

I have just started using this timer (until now, my online timer has been cubetimer.com) the thing i like about this timer is that it gives scrambles for the higher level cubes, unlike cubetimer, which only give scrambles up to the 5x5, and it saves the scrambles from previous solves. However, the thing i do like about cubetimer is that it saves the times for each type of cube separately (e.g. 3x3 solves are stored together, 4x4 solves are stored under a different option). i like this option because it allows me to see my average times for each cubing session on different cubes without having to erase my last solves. my question is, can you add a feature that allows you to separate your solves based on the type of cube instead of having all of your solves just lumped together into one big group, resulting in an average of every solve i've done as opposed to an average of just one size cube? this feature would be really helpful.

AndyK

Premium Member
Actually I haven't made any changes in a few months and it is still missing some of the more extreme cubes like 9x9x9 and 11x11x11.

I need to give that thing an upgrade

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Firstly, where it says "Choose a method you used to solve the cube", ZZ isn't an option. Please could you add it? And "Normal" should be CFOP (or Fridrich). Also, comments don't show until you've submitted a time after the one you commented on. This isn't a huge problem, but it'd be nice to see them before.

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi there,

First off, I've been using gqTimer for a while now for recording most of my averages so thanks a bunch for combo of qqTimer plus time logging. I also have to say that I use the "modern" interface which is pretty great.

Since yesterday, I've noticed that whenever I attempt to submit an average I get an error page (screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6it1dwks..._49-gqtimer.kungfoomanchu.com__modern=yes.png). That's pretty much all I can provide as it was working before then. Hopefully that helps, though!

Thanks again,
-Daniel

Rich

WCA
2013RIMA01
Hi there,

First off, I've been using gqTimer for a while now for recording most of my averages so thanks a bunch for combo of qqTimer plus time logging. I also have to say that I use the "modern" interface which is pretty great.

Since yesterday, I've noticed that whenever I attempt to submit an average I get an error page (screenshot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k6it1dwks..._49-gqtimer.kungfoomanchu.com__modern=yes.png). That's pretty much all I can provide as it was working before then. Hopefully that helps, though!

Thanks again,
-Daniel

I also got the same error yesterday when saving my times. My new personal best wasn't saved! :( Please fix this when you get the chance :) Thanks!

dbax0999

WCA
2009ADAM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Firstly, where it says "Choose a method you used to solve the cube", ZZ isn't an option. Please could you add it? And "Normal" should be CFOP (or Fridrich). Also, comments don't show until you've submitted a time after the one you commented on. This isn't a huge problem, but it'd be nice to see them before.

"Normal" denotes two-handed standard solving, with whatever method. CFOP is not "Normal" for anyone who uses Roux, Petrus, etc.

AndyK

Premium Member
Hey guys, thanks for letting me know about this. It looks like I ran out of server space for all of your data and will have to upgrade (i.e. shell out more money to keep this running). I think I just got things back up and running.

Sorry about your PB Rich

Glad you are liking the modern interface :)

"Normal" denotes two-handed standard solving, with whatever method. CFOP is not "Normal" for anyone who uses Roux, Petrus, etc.

I guess I was biased against ZZ. I will add this to the list of updates, but I can't give you a timetable

Last edited:

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks so much, mate. I know you're not obligated to do any of this so thanks for the service and work on this that you are providing. I really do appreciate it. It's great having a place to log my practice times and see progress on the graph.

Thank you,
-Daniel

speedcuber115

WCA
2013ROUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For some reason I cant get it to give me a wca inspection. it is also really annoying to have the scramble so small but otherwise its great.

Edit: there are also some other things that you cant change on gq timer but you can change on qq timer.

Last edited:

AndyK

Premium Member
Thanks so much, mate. I know you're not obligated to do any of this so thanks for the service and work on this that you are providing. I really do appreciate it. It's great having a place to log my practice times and see progress on the graph.

Thanks man :D

For some reason I cant get it to give me a wca inspection. it is also really annoying to have the scramble so small but otherwise its great.
There are also some other things that you cant change on gq timer but you can change on qq timer.

I'm not able to reproduce the WCA inspection bug. On all the browsers I tried I was able to get it to work. Try Chrome perhaps. I've been promising an update for a long time, but it eventually will happen and gqtimer will once again be in sync with all the current qqtimer features

Rich

WCA
2013RIMA01
Thanks so much for the fix! This is a great timer and has helped me improve my times! Thanks a lot for this timer!

ThomasJE

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Could you add a possibility to add and delete your own categories that you could re-name? It would be good to have as many categories as you need for different puzzles and solving styles (OH, methods, substeps etc.).

AndyK

Premium Member
Starting sometime this week (not certain of the exact date), my times/averages/etc do not reset when I hit "submit". The times DO save to the database, but the session does not reset.

Hmm, that is strange. I haven't made changes to the code in the last two weeks. Perhaps try to reset your browser chache or try a different browser?

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
Hmm, that is strange. I haven't made changes to the code in the last two weeks. Perhaps try to reset your browser chache or try a different browser?

Only happening in Chrome (31.0.1650.26 beta-m). I suspect it was caused by a recent update... can't be anymore specific though.

Edit: I also just noticed that I do NOT get the pop-up dialogue box notifying me that I have unsubmitted times if I attempt to close the browser/tab AFTER I have submitted the times. I DO still get the pop-up if I haven't submitted the times yet.

Last edited:

Oow

Thanks a lot for this timer. I enjoy the ability to see my development in form of a graphs, instead of plain numbers.
Like previous posts though, I would like to see the option to make your own categories, and not just the premade ones.
Keep up the good work, can't wait for other features in the future. ;)

AndyK

Premium Member
Sorry, adding a few DIY categories would add a whole new level of difficultly to the database, so I don't think I'll be able to do that