• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

gqTimer – the Graphy qqTimer mod that Logs and Graphs your times

AndyK

Premium Member
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Doing that would actually be rather difficult from my perspective because it would require a new database entry for each new customized name for solving method. I am actually planning on releasing an update, but it has taken me a lot longer than I was hoping because med school is a beast.

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, thanks for the suggestion. Doing that would actually be rather difficult from my perspective because it would require a new database entry for each new customized name for solving method. I am actually planning on releasing an update, but it has taken me a lot longer than I was hoping because med school is a beast.

Another thing about this. Why is there a "Normal" Section? I use Roux and thats 'Normal' for me. For Petrus users, thats 'Normal' for them. Overall, I dont think methods should be called normal or not. Methods have feelings.....

aronpm

Another thing about this. Why is there a "Normal" Section? I use Roux and thats 'Normal' for me. For Petrus users, thats 'Normal' for them. Overall, I dont think methods should be called normal or not. Methods have feelings.....

Roux and Petrus are not 'normal' when you consider the general speedcuber population. Also, no they do not have feelings.

AndyK

Premium Member

Roux and Petrus are not 'normal' when you consider the general speedcuber population. Also, no they do not have feelings.

Ha ha, yeah, probably should have called 'normal' 'Fridrich'. But seriously though, people that use Petrus or Roux are a little weird ;)

Carson

Premium Member
WCA
2008PENT01
I would love to see averages of 50 and 100 added to the statistics. I know that would require a little extra space, resources, etc... but I would imagine that only a very small number of the total averages completed are actually that large, especially in the case of the 100's.

Edit: Also, a "total solves" entry would be pretty nice. Though this could beat neat for all puzzles, 3x3 especially would be cool... just a place to list the total number of solves you have had using the timer; no statistics or anything needed.

AndyK

Premium Member
Dont Be Hatin.

I'm just kidding of course, no offense meant.

I would love to see averages of 50 and 100 added to the statistics. I know that would require a little extra space, resources, etc... but I would imagine that only a very small number of the total averages completed are actually that large, especially in the case of the 100's.

Edit: Also, a "total solves" entry would be pretty nice. Though this could beat neat for all puzzles, 3x3 especially would be cool... just a place to list the total number of solves you have had using the timer; no statistics or anything needed.

Ooo, I really like the total number of solves idea, I think I will definitely try to put that in. Thanks for the suggestion. I am still hesitant to add averages of 50 or 100 though, but it has been a feature that many have asked for so I have to take a second look at it. I am having trouble keeping up with updates to this program because school is killer right now. Do you know of any good web programmers that could help me out?

Henrik

WCA
2006BUUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ooo, I really like the total number of solves idea, I think I will definitely try to put that in. Thanks for the suggestion. I am still hesitant to add averages of 50 or 100 though, but it has been a feature that many have asked for so I have to take a second look at it. I am having trouble keeping up with updates to this program because school is killer right now. Do you know of any good web programmers that could help me out?

Why would you even consider NOT adding avg of 50 or 100?
Some of us use that ;) And like the idea of avg of 50 or 100.

Also when you add Feet or F2L categories will it be possible to move times from one category to another, right now I have more than 1000 feet solves stored under colorneutral just because there was no feet option.

I also have trouble going back in the archives. I only have one year option and that is 2010. Why can't I choose 2011 and one of the earlier months?
(Using Chrome btw)

I think that was all.

I like the stats part, but please update the timer part to the latest qqtimer.

Antcuber

WCA
2011AROC01
if you could use a speedstacks timer with this, it would be the greatest timer in existence, hands down.
There would be nothing else that could improve it. It would simply be the best.

AndyK

Premium Member
Why would you even consider NOT adding avg of 50 or 100? Some of us use that ;) And like the idea of avg of 50 or 100. I also have trouble going back in the archives. I only have one year option and that is 2010. Why can't I choose 2011 and one of the earlier months? I like the stats part, but please update the timer part to the latest qqtimer.

Hey Henrik, I'm afraid I don't have fantastic news for you. I'm just not keen on the idea of these larger averages, too high of a risk that someone will get angry if my program doesn't save them properly and their hour+ of work gets lost. Also, I think adding 50 and 100 avgs would muck up the graph. I do have plans to update to the latest qqtimer as well as fix/make improvements to the archives. The 2010 problem is a known issue that will be fixed. I'm really sorry that these updates have been taking so long. They WILL happen!

if you could use a speedstacks timer with this, it would be the greatest timer in existence, hands down.
There would be nothing else that could improve it. It would simply be the best.

I definitely agree and have an idea for a solution but haven't gotten it working. Not sure if my idea is possible to implement though :(

I'm not great, but I'm not useless either. What are you using as a database?

Excellent, I'll send you a PM

grommet

Let me tip my hat to AndyK for this software. The ability to store and track times in the cloud is great. I roam between several computers during the day, and this lets me keep all my times together, no matter where I am. Well done!

One question: Has this been ported to a mobile/touch interface yet? I know there's iiTimer, which is basically qqTimer for iOS. But it doesn't have the login/storage overlay of Andy's software. Looks like there are some significant updates coming, maybe a touch version is among them?

Ralinda4

One thing which I'd love (which may or may not come with the update to the current qq timer version) is to be able to import times. It doesn't always log me into my email, and I've lost the ability to save my times twice now. Once a couple of weeks ago I lost 50 times (over an hour of work at a 26-28 sec average back then, and scrambling using the generated scrambles) and again yesterday where I lost 88 times. Alternatively a way to log into your email without leaving the times page (or saving them and bringing them back after signing in) would work too.

I feel like I used too many brackets there... Ha. I really love the timer, keep up the good work.

GTG96

DNF not noted in 'Details'

Been using this for about a year and think it's fantastic!

Was checking through my times in stats and noted that I had a 27 second solve which I didn't remember doing (not a great time, I know, but would have been great for me! I've only had one solve in the 20's!). Realised that this was a DNF but there is no indication of this in the 'Details' list. On the main stats page that session listed a best time of 35ish so the database must store the DNF details. Would it be possible to add a note to the 'Details' that a solve was DNF/DNS etc?

Thanks for the great work, I'm sure this site is encouraging me to improve! Grant

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Software Area 10