• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Going on long plane ride, need a good printable guide/book

redditorz

Hey guys I just bought my first Rubiks cube, I am going on a ~20hr plane trip in a few weeks, and I wanted to tackle how to solve a rubicks cube and get good at it.

Now I have done by research and I know alot of the tutorials are either hard core java based, webpages, or youtube vids...but I don't have a laptop or anything so I have to print whatever I can.

My question is what is a good-printable source I can use to learn ho wot solve a rubicks cube?

I saw this tutorial:
http://www.rubiks.com/solving-center/3x3_guide/

But I dont know if this is a good starting tutorial I should be following? Anything better or a book I have to buy would be great :)

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! :D

mmmm, I would recommend the classic beginners method. Did your cube come with a guide? That's the method I'd recommend, but its beneficial to learn from a place that uses the proper notation (U, R, R', F, etc). Some sites and books just have diagrams of cubes with arrows.

Watch a youtube video and solve it from that. Then, write all the algorithms down on a sheet of paper and some notes you can use. A good tutorial is pogobat's tutorial (the first one that pops up).

EDIT: mmm, since you really plan on getting good at it, then go with the poster above me's guide. The method is faster, and a head start in getting fast.

Last edited:

MovingOnUp

WCA
2011UNKR01
Let us know if you make it haha, I feel like it might not be the best idea for beginners to tackle it all at once, but I encourage the enthusiasm so give it a try!

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
Since your flight is in a few weeks time, why don't you learn the beginner's method now, and spend your time in the plane getting F2L? Just a suggestion.

Specs112

WCA
2011ANDE03