• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 GAN 356 X or GAN 356 X V2 or GAN 356 XS

WCA
2019RASO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have mained the Gan 356X and am maining the Gan 356XS. The great thing about the Gan 356X was that it could be adjusted to fit almost anyone's turning style to a certain extent. For me, I prioritize stability. I think a lot of cubes are faster but they sacrifice stability in order to be fast. The Gan 356X is no exception, so under my settings it was very stable, but just a tad slow.

The Gan 356XS seemed to fix everything that was wrong with the Gan 356X. Due to the designs of the corners and edges it is very stable while being able to be quite fast. In fact, out of the box it was too fast. This can be fixed with lube(I recommend a lot of Angstrom Compound X and a little bit of Lubicle Silk.). It seems to lock up just a tad more than the Gan 356X but this can be fixed by turning more accurately.

As far as I know the Gan 356XS is the first cube to be incredibly stable and fast and that is why it is my main.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd get the X, as I had an MGC elite that's METAL screw broke, and the V2 and XS have all plastic cores, which would break even MORE easily. Unless you want a broken cube get the X V1.
The plastic core is flexible, so it won’t snap. When it bends, it just will go back. Contrary to what you would believe, it is actually stronger. Also, wouldn’t you expect the quality control of a $60 cube to be better than that of $20 cube trying to have the same features as a high end one? If they manage to have premium features at a lower price, they are lacking something. It appears to be quality control. I personally would go with the Xv2, but it depends on personal preferences about weight, smoothness, and speed.

Mischiiii

Currently I’m quite happy with the Xv2. I own all three of the mentioned cubes.

The Xv2 seems like a good blend between the X and the XS. The XS feels very light and kind of hollow. The Xv2 feels a little bit more solid but everything else is quite the same exept the magnets.

i would get the XS or Xv2 depending on your preference in weight. You won’t be disappointed with either of these three cubes though.

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05
Thank you all for your insightful suggestions! I think I have made up my mind on what I will be getting, which is the XS. Thank you, I do know that the 11M Pro will be out soon, but that is not attractive to me. Once again, thanks!
I would get the X, and BTW why is your home address on your profile?!
It is not anymore, I was a dumb freshman in high school lmoa.

Happy_Me123

Which of these three cubes would y’all recommend in order from best to worst with a reliable and reasonable review?

---------------------------------------
Co-Founder of WeCubeTeam
Lukas Batema
I would do GAN X V2, then GAN XS, then GAN X V1.
Hope this helps!

Gan Is best

First my main the Gan 356 X v2 it smooth buttery locks up a bit but its fine then Gan 356 xs because it tends to be slower because of how you change the magnets Lastly the Gan 356 x because it locks up a lot to loose and easily sratches