• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Full Sail Spring Open 2011

Vishal

Just telling everyone that I will be staying at the Hilton hotel for 109 with the discount. Go on cubing usa to find the number and how to get the discount.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

We're getting closer to the day, and Vishal and I would like to thank those who have already pre-registered on the competition website! We would like to remind everybody that if you plan on attending, then we do need you to pre-register for the event on the CubingUSA competition website!

There is a slight change to the registration fees to encourage this.

- The registration base fee, and event fees, will remain the same.

- Competitors who pre-register on the competition website, but pay at the door, will pay a $5 day of registration fee in addition to their regular registration costs.

- Competitors who do not pre-register on the competition website, and register at the door, will pay a $15 day of registration fee in addition to their regular registration costs.

Remember that your registration is not complete until the registration fee has been paid.

We look forward to seeing everybody there on March 19th :)
Happy cubing!

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
By competitor request 4x4x4 Blindfolded (best of 1) has been added. In order to accommodate this the 5x5x5 Blindfolded event is being changed to best of 1 as well.

Make sure to pre-register folks! Also, while the 2x2x2 registration is still lower than 16 people it's looking good that we'll be able to do pyraminx as an event as well.

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
As long as my ride comes through, and I should know that in a few days or sooner, I'll be coming with 2 other cubing friends as well as my driver. Now, is the cost for the room at the hilton 109 per person, or would I be able to get the one room for all four of us for the $109?

Last edited:

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok everyone, another announcement about our event line-up. After talking with the WCA, rather than alter the event format of 5x5x5 BLD to include 4x4x4 BLD, we will actually hold both 4x4x4 BLD and 5x5x5 BLD as best of 2 events.

As long as my ride comes through, and I should know that in a few days or sooner, I'll be coming with 2 other cubing friends as well as my driver. Now, is the cost for the room at the hilton 109 per person, or would I be able to get the one room for all four of us for the $109?

As far as I know the cost is for the room itself. Most of the rooms have either a Queen or King Bed as well as a pull out couch bed. They have some rooms with 2 beds, but the lady at the front desk said to call soon to try to reserve those (and the rate may be different for those rooms).

Vishal

If there were four of you then I would get two rooms. I got a room for 109 with 2 queens and a pull out couch. For 89 you can get one queen with a couch.

Vishal

Depends how things pan out medals might not be given for all events.
Definitly
2x2
3x3
Magics
Clock
3x3 OH
3x3 BLD
Then we can give them out for two more events or give them out for best times or something.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Um, is it okay if my 4x4x4 BLD takes something like 40 minutes? I'll only do one attempt.

There is a 1 hour 15 minute time limit for big cube BLD events. You will be allowed to finish your solve if it goes beyond the time limit (as long as you have already started memorizing before the time limit is over).

So yes you can, and should, still do 4x4x4 BLD if you're interested in it.

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I will also have the v-cube 2 for sale for 15 dollars.

Hey, me and a friend are both interested in getting one, would we be able to get them from you before the 2x2 round so we can use them in the comp?

Also, would anyone else going be willing to sell one of the new x-cube 4's? I would love one. (Also, how much would it cost?)

Last edited:

Vishal

Hey, me and a friend are both interested in getting one, would we be able to get them from you before the 2x2 round so we can use them in the comp?

Also, would anyone else going be willing to sell one of the new x-cube 4's? I would love one. (Also, how much would it cost?)

I think you can still order x cubes from cube depot but you have to email Eric. The 2x2 price will actually be 20. If you stool want them yes you can get one before the 2x2 round. The reason the price is high because v cube would charge you 12 for the cube and 18 for shipping. I will probably sell both of mine but I might only sell one. I will tell you in a few days. I will also be selling other cubes that are listed in another comment and if you buy a few puzzles I will lower the cost.

calekewbs

WCA
2011PUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you can still order x cubes from cube depot but you have to email Eric. The 2x2 price will actually be 20. If you stool want them yes you can get one before the 2x2 round. The reason the price is high because v cube would charge you 12 for the cube and 18 for shipping. I will probably sell both of mine but I might only sell one. I will tell you in a few days. I will also be selling other cubes that are listed in another comment and if you buy a few puzzles I will lower the cost.

Hey, so a few questions, mainly what kind of v-2 is the one you're for sure gonna sell, and have you decided on the other one yet? Also, I'll buy the Megaminx as well, so how much would all 3 (or 2) cost?

On a more important matter, when I registered me and my 2 friends up online, I didn't realize we had to pay either right at registration or at the door, so we're registered, but not payed for yet. How could we go about paying for it before the comp so we don't have the extra $5 tacked on?

Bryan

Premium Member
WCA
2007LOGA01
On a more important matter, when I registered me and my 2 friends up online, I didn't realize we had to pay either right at registration or at the door, so we're registered, but not payed for yet. How could we go about paying for it before the comp so we don't have the extra $5 tacked on?

Log in with a CubingUSA account (or register a CUSA account with the same e-mail), and you can edit your registration and pay that way.