• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Full LMCF 3x3 method now available

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
About the pdf: I definitely don't think method neutrality should be encouraged. It's far too much work for relatively little gain. If you want to get fast, pick a method and stick with it.

About the method itself: (super small point, but I don't think making steps algorithmic means you need a new name for a method. People call CFOP the same thing whether your F2L is algorithmic or intuitive. I would just call this CF)
It does look really efficient though - but I feel like the rotations and transitions between L/R would mean you couldn't get the ~10 TPS you assumed in the last sentence of the intro. Perhaps algorithmically solving three L edges followed by three R edges would improve the fingertricks?

Method Neutrality is a long term investment , and it can pay dividends in the end with faster global averages.
I agree there is no big winner as CFOP , as it takes the least time to master , and given high speed fluid solves.
There is a struggle with Roux method and LMCF method that makes this thing worth fighting for, just for the case 'why not?'..

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
First LMCF average, the 1:01 was because I was trying to remember an e2l pair case lol
I feel like a complete beginner again!
39.15 "LMCF" ao5
1. 48.12 D2 U2 L2 F2 L' U2 R U2 R2 D2 F2 D' U' B' U' B2 L B L2 R B'
2. 31.22 R2 U2 L' F2 L' U2 L' D2 U2 R B' L' B U' R' D F2 R2 B'
3. 38.11 B2 U R' U2 F B2 L2 D' F R2 B' D2 B2 L2 B R2 L2 D2 R'
4. 1:01.35 B2 U L2 B' L2 D2 B2 L2 F L2 D2 L2 R2 F' U L U' B2 F L' R'
5. 30.93 U' L' B R' B2 L F L B2 L2 F2 D L2 U' B2 R2 D B2 U2 L B
(using a unoptimal CmLL/COLL/CLL combination for the corners)