• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Forum Upgraded

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Welcome to the upgraded forum. There are a lot of new features, and a much faster and easier to use platform that now runs the community.

Please browse through your profile and update your user preferences as needed. If you notice any bugs or any issues at all, please reply to this thread so I can fix them.

Added features:
- Can like posts and can see who got likes
- Get alerts for threads you've replied to or have been quoted on.
- Easier thread subscriptions (watch thread)
- Email notifications, if wanted.
- Faster
- Easier to use, post, reply, PM, etc.

A few notes:
- Old URLs will be redirected to the new URLs soon - DONE
- WCA/Youtube links will be added under avatars soon. - DONE
- Commas have been removed from usernames. So if you’re one of 5 users with this issue, the comma was removed from your username.

Overall I think this will make using speedsolving a lot better, and will enable a lot of further features if we decide in the future.

For those of you who liked using speedsolving.com/old, this page will replace it to see all the latest posts (read or not):
https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/find-new/posts?recent=1

Again, please go through and update your user preferences and also report any issues you have when using the forum. Any feedback to improve the site is appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy!

Edit:
More updates:
1) The [table] bbCode has been updated. See here for help.
2) The 'New posts' link in navabr now shows new post count (see here).
3) MathJax is now enabled so you can use LaTeX to display math. For example:
[math]x = {-b \pm \sqrt{b^2-4ac} \over 2a}.[/math]
Note: after posting you'll need to refresh the page to see the rendered math!
Will display:
\( x = {-b \pm \sqrt{b^2-4ac} \over 2a}. \)

Last edited:

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks weird but I'm sure I'll get used to it. :p

I'm really liking the extra features and easier profile access on the mobile site though! :)

Thanks for all the work you put in!

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The links in CODE section aren't displayed as needed anymore. But I will take care of it.
The main problem is this: I need more chars for 6+BLD rating first post.
D3d9ah4vBBQ.jpg

https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/6x6-blindfolded-rankings-thread.41968/#post852524

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I click on my name in the top right corner twice (first time brings up the mini menu, then click again) I get an error saying I don't have permission to view the page.

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow! Looks good, and really fits with the theme of the rest of the site. I personally liked how the old forum spanned more of the page, but I can get used to this pretty easy. I do have one huge complaint though. Doesn't have an equivalent of the index.php page, where it lists all the new posts. That's pretty much the only way I have used the forum in the past.

Matt11111

WCA
2014PINN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow! Looks good, and really fits with the theme of the rest of the site. I personally liked how the old forum spanned more of the page, but I can get used to this pretty easy. I do have one huge complaint though. Doesn't have an equivalent of the index.php page, where it lists all the new posts. That's pretty much the only way I have used the forum in the past.

Same.

JayT

Been using vBulletin forums for the last 10 years, so anything else looks extremely weird to me too lol. But it already looks like this will be more convenient.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Looks nice and definitely a lot faster. But I've noticed these links here:
u0vlvKx.png

do not work.

Old URLs will be redirected to the new URLs soon
Will this include links to specific posts, as well as just threads? I've tinyurl'ed my PB post, so I don't know if I'll have to make a new one or not.

EDIT: looks like some BB tags (e.g.
, [post]) don't work any more. :(