• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Feliks Zemdegs 3x3 OH single 6.88

This might be the most ridiculous world record I have ever seen. Definitely more ridiculous than the 6.54, definitely more ridiculous than the Eric 7.08 was even at that time. Hell, I thought that the 8.75 by Cantin was robust enough to last another year, and I thought that the 8.27 LL skip would last a year and a half or two years.

When I saw the 6.88 posted on cube comps with the name Feliks Zemdegs next to it, the first thing my mind thought was "Feliks must have set the average world record again!", but then I recalled that the average world record was 6.54, and my mind just kind of blanked for about thirty seconds when I saw that it was the OH single.

Feliks has actually had a great competition so far:

-CR for the 4x4 single (23.72)
-WR 3x3 OH single (6.88)
-CR in fewest move average AND single (27.33 and 25), his average places him at like 7th in the world for FM!!!
-CR in both average and single 6x6 (1:53.49 and 1:46.95, respectively)
-CR 7x7 single solve (2:38.18)