• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Favorite WCA Events

What is your WCA favorite event?

• Total voters

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, back on this post, and made some changes to the vote:
1st place is 6x6 because I find it so enjoyable to do. Second would be 7x7.
3rd would be megaminx because I feel like I have so much free space to build F2L and S2l pairs.
4th would be 3x3 because it's a classic.
Last place: 2x2 because it sucks.

Brouxt Force

1st place: OH. Easily.
2nd place: 3x3. (OH, but shorter)
3rd place: 3BLD. (It's been a while since I've done a timed solve, but I just find it to be a super interesting event. Also, 3-Style is very satisfying.)
4th place: 4x4. It's basically just a long 3x3 solve.

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
3x3: Simple, fun, fast, and pretty much the base of all other (with the exception of two) WCA-events. Rare is the cuber who does not practice this event.

Square-1: Very unique and fascinating.

6x6: Block building, efficiency and the quickest of the "big-cubes" (assuming you count 4 & 5 as mid-sized). It's a really enjoyable solve even if it takes a while.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
My favourites, in no particular order:

Events I do:
3x3: Come on, who doesn't like it?
OH: Very cool event, easier lookahead and algs are actually more comfortable to execute than 2H Pretty much my main event nowadays
2x2: I love TPS spam.
FMC: I'm not that good at it, but it's very relaxing.

Events I watch, but I don't do/rarely do:
Mega: Very unique and cool turning, also there's tons of blockbuilding stuff that can be done with S2L.
Skewb: same as mega
Pyra: Again, I love TPS spam
Squan: RUD spam is very satisfying to watch
Big cubes(especially 5x5): longer but pretty cool.

3BLD: I actually used to do this, but I haven't done it in over a year. I love watching fast 3BLD solves because of the TPS spam.
4 and 5BLD, MBLD: Kudos to the people who memo tons of random letters and actually manage to retain the info until the end of the attempt. I admire people who main these events.