• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fanxin Timers

Connor Hunter

WCA
2017HUNT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, recently for the past few months there has been a controversy over fanxin Timers. Back in may 2016, Cameron Brown got an email from Speedstack saying to take down fanxin Timers off the website or they will start suing over these products. So they are now "illegal" Timers. I think Speedstack is just being greedy. I mean, you are already the official Timers for competitions, what else do you want? I think it is another V-Cube situation and fanxin Timers were really cheap and affordable and good so they should bring it back. What do you guys think?

summyt8

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think what speedstacks did was warranted as they have an active patent on the timer, and the fanxin timers looked almost identical to the speedstacks timers; it was a clear ripoff. But, I think they should have gone after the manufacturer, rather than the distributor.