• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] About fanxin rounded cube

taghi

hi
I am a new rubik learner , I've bought a fanxin rounded cube (maybe a mistake for a noob?)

sometimes I manage to solve the cube using normal 3x3x3 methods, but sometimes I reach this unsolvable state:

In this state after I scramble the cube, I manage to solve it.
my cube is brand new and I've never disassembled or take apart the cube.
I cant understand why this happens? is It me? or the cube? please help me.

Your cube is functioning properly. What you are seeing is barrel cube parity (i think). Problems like this are what make 3x3 shape mods extremely fun but also aggravating at times. You can get cases that are not possible on a regular 3x3!

I believe this video will help you out.

ETA: Now that you know what you’re seeing is a possible case it can be fun to try and figure it out yourself/intuitively. That’s my favorite part about cubing, just racking my brain for hours trying out new puzzles.

Last edited: