• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Fantasy Cubing 2017!

Calode

WCA
2016HOOV01
>>Play!<<

>>How to Play!<<

Current Week: Week 2 is locked in! Week 3 teams will lock in on Wednesday at 17:00:00 UTC.

--

Hey all and Merry Christmas!

I had the idea weeks ago that I wanted to revive fantasy cubing, so I did. I've been spending weeks since then playing around with point formulas, learning mysql, waiting for long queries to finish, analyzing data, writing javascript, discussing how fantasy cubing will work with my awesome beta testers and now I'm announcing it to all ya'll.

You can view the how to play doc here. The doc is open for commenting so if you have suggestions you want to make, you can.

This system will be much different than the 2014 system and I hope it's just as fun if not more.

The biggest change is that it's moving from an annual system to a weekly system (this is the same system some fantasy sports like fantasy movies works).

I hope you all will enjoy this version of fantasy cubing this year and I promise I will maintain it longer than 2015 was. I'm designing this system to be completely automated so it still should run if I get hit by a bus.

Please leave feedback, I'll welcome it as I'm trying to design the best system I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Friday-Thursday seems like one of the worst choices for the time span. Like fantasy football will start on Tuesday giving you a few days to pick your team. Plus some competitions (nationals worlds, will run into two weeks as well which I think would be bad. Maybe starting Tuesday ending Monday would be a lot better.

THIS IS AMAZING NOW I CAN BE EVEN MORE NERDIER
i assume this starts with the new year right?
how do we do it, where do we chose our team?

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
GU3C40m.png

Just finished my team, thoughts? Had a hard time picking Side Events. I'm also curious if cubers competing in the same event twice during a week will have their points stack. I'm sure there are world class cubers who sometimes attend 2 comps over a weekend, so this would be a factor to consider.

Jaysammey777

WCA
2010AMBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After making my team for this week, it seems like big bld is pretty underpowered. It might just be a bad week for big bld, or I and misunderstanding the system and will be corrected when results are posted. Might be something to buff though.

Also would it be possible to make team selections private until they are finalized.

Last edited:

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
GU3C40m.png

Just finished my team, thoughts? Had a hard time picking Side Events. I'm also curious if cubers competing in the same event twice during a week will have their points stack. I'm sure there are world class cubers who sometimes attend 2 comps over a weekend, so this would be a factor to consider.
Or be like Roman and do 2 in the same day