• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

F perm, the new member!

F perm

Hello, Speedsolving Community!

I am a new speed cuber from Charlotte (post if you live in NC, by the way).
I have been cubing for about a month now, and my PB's are 20.4 single, 22.56 average of 5, and 24.12 average of 12. I use CFOP. I know full PLL, 2LOLL (working on OLL), and F2L.
The F-perm just seems to be my good luck charm (all PB's set with at least one), and I feel like I should honor it with my username, as it kind of gets a bad rap around here.

I also like to juggle, and I run occasionally.

Just some questions:
Is one month sub 30 stellar, mediocre, or terrible?
What is a good breakdown for CFOP times?
When should one start/finsh learning OLL/PLL/F2L/xCross?
Why do you hate the F perm? :)

Thanks a lot!

F perm

Last edited:

PokemonEggs

WCA
2013RAMO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome to the community F perm!
I am pretty new too.

As for sub 30 in 1 month, I broke sub 30 in a little less than a month too so I guess it's average. I would keep learning full OLL because it's good to get it over with.

F perm

Welcome to the community F perm!
I am pretty new too.

As for sub 30 in 1 month, I broke sub 30 in a little less than a month too so I guess it's average. I would keep learning full OLL because it's good to get it over with.

Thanks for the feedback!

F perm

It took me six months to get sub-30. Then again, I started cubing in early '09. One month to almost sub-20 is unbelievable.
Btw, just letting you know, your life is unfortunate. Nobody will ever do you =(
EDIT: http://www.worldcubeassociation.org...ist of people who do the F Perm&single=Single
Yeah, I know!
It's tragic: just because I'm a little unwieldy and slow, doesn't mean I'm not a PLL too! We need to stop the discrimination: for goodness's sake, this is AMERICA!

KCuber

WCA
2012COST01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! I like the F perm, and my friends favorite alg is the f perm. What cross color do you start on? I would personally run to your house and give you a petaminx if you said orange/red :D

F perm

Welcome! I like the F perm, and my friends favorite alg is the f perm. What cross color do you start on? I would personally run to your house and give you a petaminx if you said orange/red :D
What? Orange/red? I thought I was odd :)
I'm just plain old white. Yup.
Wait, what's a petaminx? You mean pyraminx, right?

Chrisandstuff

Wow for 1 month cubing those averages are reallly impressive (all together it took me like 6 months worth of cubing to break sub 30 about 3 years overall though) Btw my F perm is R' U' F' t-perm minus the last F plus U R (more or less lol) I actually really like my F perm cause its really finger tricky and just fun to do.

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow for 1 month cubing those averages are reallly impressive (all together it took me like 6 months worth of cubing to break sub 30 about 3 years overall though) Btw my F perm is R' U' F' t-perm minus the last F plus U R (more or less lol) I actually really like my F perm cause its really finger tricky and just fun to do.

I use the same F-perm algorithm. The (R U R' U R) finger trick at the end is made of win.

Cubic

Wow! After 6 weeks, I'm still not consistently sub 1:30! I had no idea my age would slow me down so much:fp

I guess I'd better learn full OLL/PLL to get my times closer to sub 60.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question for you.

Are you colour neutral?

I want to know how much of the 'new wave' is adopting it as standard or if fixed cross is still popping up everywhere.