• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Drilling algs with the GiiKER cube and briefcubing.com

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Drilling algs is so much simpler with a GiiKER cube and this free site: briefcubing.com
No more setup. Instant feedback/gratification. Recognition and execution timing...
It currently has OLL, PLL & COLL for CFOP as well as CMLL and EO for Roux.

This has been a weekend project for a while. Any feedback, bugs, feature request welcome!
This is brilliant. if only I had a giiker cube I could drill my cmlls :(

efattah

Thanks for building this utility! I actually competed against you on the 356i with the Gan app, I didn't know anything about you but I recall that you were using Roux and the only person I ever competed against who wasn't using either CFOP or beginner's method (I think you were averaging around 25 sec).
Unfortunately i don't use Roux or CFOP so I will need to wait for an upcoming release that allows custom algorithms...

AshleyF

Thanks for building this utility! I actually competed against you on the 356i with the Gan app, I didn't know anything about you but I recall that you were using Roux and the only person I ever competed against who wasn't using either CFOP or beginner's method (I think you were averaging around 25 sec).
Unfortunately i don't use Roux or CFOP so I will need to wait for an upcoming release that allows custom algorithms...

Yep, that's me - Mr. Slow Rouxer :)

I've looked at your LMCF method. Very interesting! If you have a set of stable algs, I'd be happy to add to the site. [email protected]

If, on the other hand, it's a repertoire you're still working on or want to keep private, there are options. It may honestly be a bit of time before I get to making it user-customizable. However, without having to "code", you can quite easily "Clone or download" the site (https://github.com/AshleyF/briefcubing). It works offline without any need to build; just open index.html in your browser. You can then edit the algs.js. Not particularly user-friendly, but everything is driven by this one file. Diagrams are generated, etc. You just enter the algs and a config sections describing how to scramble and recognize solutions. It may be that some coding is needed to add new scrambling and recognition settings. I'd be happy to work on that if you can give me some examples.

Last edited:

hikaruだよ

Hey, this is great! great job man!
can you make a 3 style trainer for UFR corner? make a scramble for every cases(basically the scramble is the inverse of the alg, any alg is ok since it would make the same certain case) and make it correct when it solved(in that way, we can use any alg that we use for that case, as long as it solved).
and if it possible, make a customizable letters for all the pieces, so if the case is UFR-UBL-RDF in speffz letter scheme it would be AP, but it would be perfect when we can custom it like what letter is UBL, what letter is RDF, and so on..

rotobld

WCA
2014IFAR01
really good website for training algs!!!
when do you think you will add support for the gan 356i (US hardware)?
do you know what are the diffrences of the protocol between the two versions?

AshleyF

Hey, this is great! great job man!
can you make a 3 style trainer for UFR corner? make a scramble for every cases(basically the scramble is the inverse of the alg, any alg is ok since it would make the same certain case) and make it correct when it solved(in that way, we can use any alg that we use for that case, as long as it solved).
and if it possible, make a customizable letters for all the pieces, so if the case is UFR-UBL-RDF in speffz letter scheme it would be AP, but it would be perfect when we can custom it like what letter is UBL, what letter is RDF, and so on..

I would be up to adding these if you can provide or point me to an alg set. For example, there are 5-style algs already (https://github.com/AshleyF/briefcubing/blob/master/algs.js#L812-L7347 ). 3-style would be simple to add. We could start with names based on Speffz lettering for now and make that customizable later.

really good website for training algs!!!
when do you think you will add support for the gan 356i (US hardware)?
do you know what are the diffrences of the protocol between the two versions?

Thanks! Sadly, it seems the newer GAN 356i protocol is intentionally obfuscated/encrypted. It may take an indeterminate amount of time to crack...

bodhisoma

Just got the Giiker i3S, just starting to learn PLL.

LOVE your site/software. It'll go a long way toward helping me start with a few and add as I improve. Being able to learn PLL without setting up the cube is actually why I got the Giiker in the first place. So thank you!

Any chance of adding the canonical names (T, Ja, Jb, etc.) of the algs, maybe when hovering over the image?

Also, is this open source? If so, where can I find the repository? Thanks much in advance!

Edit: Scratch that, you posted a link to the files earlier in the thread.

AshleyF

Just got the Giiker i3S, just starting to learn PLL.

LOVE your site/software. It'll go a long way toward helping me start with a few and add as I improve. Being able to learn PLL without setting up the cube is actually why I got the Giiker in the first place. So thank you!

Any chance of adding the canonical names (T, Ja, Jb, etc.) of the algs, maybe when hovering over the image?

Also, is this open source? If so, where can I find the repository? Thanks much in advance!

Edit: Scratch that, you posted a link to the files earlier in the thread.

Hey, glad you like it! Adding alg names is a good idea. I’ll add it to the TODO list. If you want to get to it first, that’d certainly be welcome. It _is_ indeed open source: http://github.com/ashleyf/briefcubing Have fun!

hikaruだよ

is Gan 356i Play work? since it cheaper than the normal 356i I probably would buy one if it works in briefcubing, tired of locky giiker

and I realize that you don't need the AUF on every cases, is there any setting to not ignore the AUF? I want the cube to be completly solved

also I appreciate the work! this is very helpful! thank you!

brododragon

is Gan 356i Play work? since it cheaper than the normal 356i I probably would buy one if it works in briefcubing, tired of locky giiker

and I realize that you don't need the AUF on every cases, is there any setting to not ignore the AUF? I want the cube to be completly solved

also I appreciate the work! this is very helpful! thank you!
He said the newer GAN I's were encrypted somehow and he would have to crack them. He might've cracked them, but he's a dead account.