• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Do I suck? xD

Parke187

I agree...sub-5 was hard to break but what did it was OLL during inspection and color neutrality

No offense Parke187, but he doesn't suck and the time you have been cubing matters a lot.
It literally doesn't matter.
Saying he doesn't suck is gonna make him feel content where he is so he won't want to get faster. I'm just trying to help by telling the truth.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING A NEW CUBE, as the rubies;s brand 2x2 is very small and all round pretty bad. its also more expensive than some better budget options, such as th Yuxin little magic, or yup v2m
Both those 2x2s aren't as good as mgc or valk, which are pretty cheap anyway

noobycube

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING A NEW CUBE, as the rubies;s brand 2x2 is very small and all round pretty bad. its also more expensive than some better budget options, such as th Yuxin little magic, or yup v2m
Yeah, I may or may or may not have stated that in the thread. (It's not the worst out there, but yeah Rubik's sucks) anyway, I will be getting a Qiyi 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, and Pyraminx in a couple of weeks, shipping from Asia takes awhile.

Edit: I'm also considering to get a DaYan if the Qiyi doesn't go as nice, but that would take 2 or 3 months to transition. I heard the DaYan is quiter and things like that, but I think my content with the Qiyi. One of my friends will be letting me test out his 2x2 Qiyi and I will see how it improves my time and feels. If I really get into cubing maybe one day I'll get a Yuxin, MGC, or Valk. But these look pretty promising. (At least for someone who hasn't known how to do this **** for 2 weeks yet.)

IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, I'VE BEEN UPDATING MY STATUS/RECORDS SO CHECK THAT OUT IF YOU WANNA HELP ME AND GIVE ME ADVICE N STUFF!
lol not liek it really matters

Last edited:
WCA
2017OWEN01
It literally doesn't matter.
Saying he doesn't suck is gonna make him feel content where he is so he won't want to get faster. I'm just trying to help by telling the truth.
This is just ridiculous and telling him he sucks is just going to discourage him also I guarantee his improvement is quicker than yours was when you started and I don’t understand why you are saying otherwise.

icarneiro

This is just ridiculous and telling him he sucks is just going to discourage him also I guarantee his improvement is quicker than yours was when you started and I don’t understand why you are saying otherwise.

If you read the topic title, the noobycube asks "do i suck?" and users have to answer: yes or no. That's simple, according to the parameters that the Parke187 adopts, noobycube suc. And there is no problem with that since the OP wanted a real answer.

P.s: I'm not saying that noobycube sucks, because I think he is having a normal evolution, but I think it is wrong to criticize Parke187 because he answered a question that the noobycube asked to the forum.

———————————

I think you should keep training, memorizing the algorithms better, you wil decrease your times, and most importantly, have fun solving a cube!!

Keep going!!!!

Parke187

I was sub 10 2x2 in like 2 weeks, with a rubiks brand.
It is not hard at ALL.

WCA
2017OWEN01
Are you talking about a certain computer? Perhaps an apple?
I meant the mgc but autocorrect is evil

I was sub 10 2x2 in like 2 weeks, with a rubiks brand.
It is not hard at ALL.
so your saying that you did a crap ton of solves when you got a 2x2 and therefore anyone who did less solves sucks out of interest what do you average now?

Izaden

Low 4 now with pure lbl.
Idrc about 2x2.
The point is it's not hard to get where I am now
I average about 22 secs with only doing 100 solves and only using two algs, Sune and (R U2 R' U') (R U2) (L' U R' U' L). I will put my full method at the bottom of this post for anyone interested.
So I can see where you are coming from. I feel that if I learned more algs then I could easily be sub 10, I just haven't put the time in.
At the same time, however, everyone learns at their own pace and I think that noobycube is doing great!

Full 2x2 method to solve with only 2 algs:
  1. Solve white layer (Or any layer if you are colour neutral) must solve the whole layer, not just the face. in following steps we will assume you solved white.
  2. OLL If there is 1 yellow on top face, use Sune/Anti-Sune as applicable, if there is more than 1 or no yellow on top then rotate the cube until there is 1 yellow on the front of the left face (Sometimes this is not possible, so put 2 yellow on left face) then Sune. Eventually you will get 1 yellow on top then Sune/Anti-Sune.
  3. PLL Use this alg (R U2 R' U') (R U2) (L' U R' U' L) to permute the last layer. it will change the permutation of the URF and URB blocks.