• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Do I need to update my BLD tutorial?

cashis

I think one thing you could do at the end is give examples and a quick description of other methods.
I think maybe your tutorial is a bit outdated, but it still serves the purpose well.

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
I really liked your tutorials, but I honest
Y found M2 edges very difficult to do, especially the edges on M slice, cannot even do the, with eyes open. I have the list of algs for the M slice edges, but I found it hard to know which one to use where. Maybe asking new video going more in-depth wouldn't be a shame. Besides that I loved your tutorials, primarily the introduction with the playing card analogy.

adimare

WCA
2011MARE02
I learned BLD very recently using your tutorials and found them quite complete. Don't think they're outdated.

By the way, I tried to get a hold of you via PMs here and youtube messages asking permission to use your 3-style corner algs for scrambld.cubing.net but never heard back from you. I hope you don't mind me using them, if you do plz let me know.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For me it wasn't any problem to learn algs for "M" cases and to understand how to deal with them. I think you can make a tutorial for advanced M2 - I've seen it or read about it somewhere else.

I think a video on how to progress would be a good addition, but there isn't anything that I'd say needs updating at the moment. A new video with things like pure edge flips and corner twists, alternate ways to memorise those rather than using two extra letters, and perhaps some advanced M2, plus anything else you think of along the same lines would make a great follow up.

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Disclaimer: I have not watched your tutorials.

I think U' r U' r' U M2 U' r U r' U is a nicer parity alg (Found by Robert Yau). Bit longer though, I admit.

I think an advanced M2 tutorial would be a good idea. I feel that the natural progression for your viewers should be normal M2->advanced M2-> 3-style, so an advanced M2 tutorial would really complete your tutorial series.

off topic: Does anyone else think "Advanced M2" is poorly named? I think it's easier than normal M2 in a way. Makes dealing with M slice targets simpler a lot of the time. I think an M2 tutorial that teaches advanced M2 from the start might not be a bad idea.

Last edited:

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Does anyone else think "Advanced M2" is poorly named? I think it's easier than normal M2 in a way. Makes dealing with M slice targets simpler a lot of the time. I think an M2 tutorial that teaches advanced M2 from the start might not be a bad idea.

I agree with this. When I learned M2 I almost instantly started thinking "why would I need these algs for M-slice targets when 1 or 2 setup moves could make everything much easier". And I have also taught at least 2 people to do BLD with advanced M2 from the start (more offtopic: one of my friends actually started solving BLD directly with comms only :D )