• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Did the Americans walk on the Moon?

Did Man walk on the Moon?

• Total voters

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

That's a user comment, which anyone can type. Many of the other user comments just point to the film being a mockumentary, a satire (and apparently a pretty good one which I wanna see now). Can you find anyone authoritative (i.e. anyone worth trusting) who thinks the landing was a fake?

And as for the dearth of photos and documents - honestly, nobody cares about the moon anymore. Nowadays we all realize the huge cost and immense distances involved in sending even an unmanned probe into space, and nobody thinks there is anything interesting or useful up there that is within our reach. We've already been to the moon and Mars is just too far away. The people who are really the most interested in the old moon landing idea are just going to be, well, conspiracy theorists.

MTGjumper

WCA
2008CRAW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What an utterly RIDICULOUS thing to say.
Do you know what the acronym NASA stands for?

National Aeronautics and Space Administration

Space is their domain. I don't know what you think about missions to the Moon or Mars or whatever but the idea is most certainly not to just "go jump on the moon and see if there are any rocks up their [sic]".

Important fundamental experiments are carried out on these missions which will greatly further our understanding of space. You must be extremely selfish and naive to criticise these projects in this way.

I completely agree with this. I had to argue in a Physics class that space exploration in general was a waste of time and resources. Before researching the topic thoroughly, I had no real opinion on the matter, but after looking into it, I realised how important space exploration was, not just to further our understanding of space, but to benefit our own lifestyle.

Also, for what it's worth, I believe man landed on the moon.

Last edited:

toast

WCA
2009BELL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Soon, our planet may be too polluted to live on. Where shall humankind thrive?

Humankind won't thrive. We will all die and over many many many many many many many many many many many many many years, (almost) all evidence of humans will disappear forever and other animals will have their chance to thrive.

Are you sure humans won't wipe out animals before we get wiped out? :eek:

hawkmp4

Well, hopefully at least some microbes will survive, at which point they may evolve into animals. Or God will make them *POOF* into more humans. Whichever theory you subscribe to.

CAT13

WCA
2008MCCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Soon, our planet may be too polluted to live on. Where shall humankind thrive?

Humankind won't thrive. We will all die and over many many many many many many many many many many many many many years, (almost) all evidence of humans will disappear forever and other animals will have their chance to thrive.

Are you sure humans won't wipe out animals before we get wiped out? :eek:

I don't know. Humans are stupid and will probably kill everything

KConny

WCA
2007LUND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I made up my mind when I was in like sixth grade. I had this thought:
Who are most keen to expose the moon walking as hoax? I'd say that it would have to be the Russians, since of the space race . And why wouldn't they spend a crapazilion rubles on trying to prove it was a hoax? Their not just as stupid/bored as Kubsismo.

MTGjumper

WCA
2008CRAW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I speak 7 languages (incl. Russian) b.t.w., and the last
time they tested me, my I.Q. turned out to be >156.
(The scale of this test only went up to 156; not that I
care about this sort of thing, Mensa meetings are boring.)

Calling someone (who has a different opinion) stupid
does not help this discussion; if possible, let's keep
this on an "un-emotional" level, ok? ;)

Boasting about your IQ on a message board is pointless. It doesn't really add much to this discussion anyway, since having a high IQ does not validate your opinion.

I'm surprised that the Russians wouldn't have come out with the information that they thought the moon landing was a hoax, anyway.

DcF1337

The smartest of men can make the silliest mistakes.

I second MTGjumper. It's your opinion, anyway. Just an opinion.

Bounb

Question: Did the Americans walk on the Moon?

Answer: Yes. Yes of course they did.

Give me one piece of 'evidence' countering this and I will tell you why you are wrong.

I'm waiting for more 'evidence'. Do not post a link, but post as many points as you like.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I speak 7 languages (incl. Russian) b.t.w., and the last
time they tested me, my I.Q. turned out to be >156.
(The scale of this test only went up to 156; not that I
care about this sort of thing, Mensa meetings are boring.)

A high IQ is worth nothing if you aren't willing to take a fair look at both sides of an issue. (Besides, those tests are probably flawed; I think anyone with a good education and the motivation to do well can score well over 100. Also, your IQ is not ">156" if you got a 156 which was the test's highest score, because there is some error involved in that you won't get the same score every time you take the test.)

I did take a look at both sides a while ago, and as with many others I have come to the conclusion that all of the theories made by those who believe the moon landing was a hoax are false because they are easily debunked by those who have a better understanding of exactly how the sound/photos were edited before they were released to the public (and yes, they were), physics in a vacuum, the properties of moon dust, etc. This Wikipedia page does a pretty good job of explaining a great deal of these things.

Also remember that prejudice solves nothing. You keep implying that anyone who believes the moon landing was not a hoax is an extreme American nationalist, for instance. You should know that if this happened to any other country I'd defend their space voyages as well, provided that their hoaxists' allegations were as silly as ours are. I don't care about promoting America, but I do care about promoting the truth.

CAT13

WCA
2008MCCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really don't see why everyone really cares about the videos. Just because the videos are fake, doesn't mean that they weren't really on the moon. Maybe they forgot the camera ;) I don't think that they did go on they moon. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. I could really care less. The only reason I keep on reading this thread is so that I can see the arguments :p

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
To show up america. its generally accepted that russia dont have a great relationship with america, and a tool to internationally embarass them would no doubt have been used by now. If they had scientifically credible evidence then im sure they wouldve used it 20 years ago. That argument is a little silly.
apart from raising public morale, why would they fake it? why bother? im afraid that many of the arguments can be scientifically proven to be false. therefore they are not really opinions. just erroneous interpretation of facts. then, the conspiracists arguments are rather far-fetched. Occams Razor is a useful principle here. then we can take into account that many humans like sensationalism. why would tabloid newspapers and gossip magazines sell so well otherwise? personally (this is an opinion) i think that conspiracy theories are just a slightly more educated form of gossip magazines. Sorry if i offend you, but im a chronic sceptic of things like this.

Dorsenstein

WCA
2008FLEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You know what I did? I voted for all of 'em. You know why? Because this thread confuses the hell out of me. I don't give a crap on whether we went to the moon or not, because, as CAT13 said, we're all gonna die anyway, so what does it matter? All these advances are absolute bull. Even though it's a record of our history all the other beings after us will think how stupid we are and think how humans were dumb and arrogant. I know this post is really pessimistic. But that's what I believe.

immortalcube

Mostly because of "the Jews" (Kissinger, Hollywood, CNN), "the
Americans" and their satellite-states have a wrong perception
of "the Russians".
Where exactly do the Jews come in on a debate about whether Americans went to the moon? Also, I fail to see how Hollywood or CNN are Jewish (although maybe I'm just blind to that conspiracy too :confused:). And wasn't Kissinger a German? or maybe he was just born in Germany.