• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayton Open 2010

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Brah Open
So the only event you're doing is Magic? Cute.

We might have to be late arriving, but we're going to try to be there on time. I'm still not sure whether Marie will want to come.

Be there or be square-1, right?

Any chance of an unofficial square-1 BLD event being added on the side? I should have a good shot at the UWR by then.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It is a pretty nice list :D:D I really hope I can make it to 2x2 and 3x3 second rounds, I guess I need to start practicing clock, I'll practice magic about 10-20 times a day about 2 weeks out (I would like to get sub1 but meh).

Definitely need to learn sq1 and get better with pyra. I'll shoot for sub10 average of 5 on pyra, maybe. This goes for DeVry as well :p

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dan: How far are you from Columbus? I realize you're into the big cubes but why not go for some WRs with the smaller ones as well?

Tristan: Hopefully we'll see you there!

Seth: I'm learning Guimond and I pretty much discovered if I practiced as hard on regular ortega as I did my pseudo OFOTA method, I'd have been just as fast :/ I haven't learned all 15 guimond step 1 algs yet and I've ended up with quite a few sub6's (I used to sub6 about 1/5 or so solves, I had a 3/5 solve sub6 the other day). Hopefully I'll get close to sub5 by the comp.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I take it you don't have your own vehicle then? I know Harvard and MIT are having cube competitions soon, do you plan on going to those? You know you want those WR's back!!!