• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayton Open 2010

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hiphop: masterofthebass = Dan Cohen. I doubt he'll go to Dayton because there are no big cubes. I guess he could really practice 3x3 and take the WR single and average for that :p

NeedReality

WCA
2010MARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I couldn't make it to DeVry, but I've nothing to impede me from going to the Dayton Open. It'll be my first competition but I'm only doing the 3x3 since my 2x2/4x4 are broken (not that I was that great with them anyway haha).

The drive is a little over 3.5 hours for me, so I was wondering: Do I have to be there right when registration opens, or can I be 30 minutes late or so? Just seeing how much sleep I can get :p

nlCuber22

WCA
2010CRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
friend is driving me.
should be fun, mystery events are always cool. :p
I think that we should try to do head-to-head at this competition. It was a whole lot of fun, and really popular at Virginia. Everyone came up to watch. Imo, it should be done at every competition if time allows.

cincyaviation

WCA
2010HOVL02
I couldn't make it to DeVry, but I've nothing to impede me from going to the Dayton Open. It'll be my first competition but I'm only doing the 3x3 since my 2x2/4x4 are broken (not that I was that great with them anyway haha).

The drive is a little over 3.5 hours for me, so I was wondering: Do I have to be there right when registration opens, or can I be 30 minutes late or so? Just seeing how much sleep I can get :p

I'm sure you could be a bit late, you'll be fine for sure if you get there before the first event, otherwise you may have to find one of the organizers and have them register you.
Also, i can officially now go, so it will be good to see everyone again, since i missed the last comp.
EDIT: Also, i have an extra 2x2 and 4x4 that you can borrow for the comp if you need them, GH 2x2 and ES white 4x4, and i'm sure that others will have extra cubes as well.

Also, does anyone have an A5 they are willing to sell me? I'm just looking for something that's in good condition and has BLD quality stickers.

Last edited:

JBCM627

WCA
2006MERT01
Yeah, good question... it looks like online payment was never set up. Chestey..?

I assume people will have to pay at the door, but will only be charged $6 + $1/event because of this.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Jim and Seth: I texted Chester and he said it'd be pay at door with online price if we pre-registered :p

I'd really rather not do head to head like Ethan suggested, I get nervous enough as it is haha.

Last edited: