• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Tengyun V2M GIVEAWAY! Insta & YT: AlohaCubed AlohaCubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
With all these amazing reviews, I'm thinking I might change what cube I'm getting next. I'd like to ask how it is OOTB though, as I'm pretty bad at setting up cubes. Also, has anyone tried it for OH?
Amazing for OH. Pretty good OOTB, but will get better with setup. It is covered in lube, so wiping each piece to clean will help. To lube, you just need a few drops of anything decent like any cosmic lube or cubicle lube

malwan

i've seen several reports on the teng v2 suffer from corner pops, anyone has experience of that?

Hazel

Premium Member
With all these amazing reviews, I'm thinking I might change what cube I'm getting next. I'd like to ask how it is OOTB though, as I'm pretty bad at setting up cubes. Also, has anyone tried it for OH?
It's pretty great out of the box! However, messing around with the different settings will definitely be worth your time. I don't pride myself on my ability to set up cubes either, and I was able to find settings that I like.
Whether it's good for OH or not depends on your settings, I think. I set my spring tensions to 1.5 (the strongest setting) and I tightened the screws a bit too, and it works pretty well for OH. I might still prefer the Valk 3 for OH though.

EDIT: I've only had the cube for a couple days, but I've had no issue with "corner pops" yet.

EvanTheCuber

My Opinion for GAN 356 XS vs Tengyun V2m.

The GAN 356 XS is very papery and has a very light feeling. It has a weight of 67 grams because of the plastic core, and turning is super buttery. This would be awesome but GAN just doesn't make good corner cutting cubes. Personally, since I average 24 seconds and I don't turn too fast, the corner-cutting isn't too big of an issue. But for sub 10 cubers, it may be a large problem.

Rankings 1 - 10

Turning Feeling: 9
Weight: 8
Corner Cutting: 4
Customizability: 8
Overall: 7.25

The Tengyun V2 M is a very stable cube, with excellent effortless corner-cutting. Out of the box, the cube was extremely slow and it was terrible. But after cleaning and adding lube, this cube is getting way faster.(Petrus Cuber, 1/9 of Max Fleet for the whole Cube). Overall, if I keep breaking in and finding the tensions I like the best, this is probably my main.

Turning Feeling: 6
Weight: 7
Corner Cutting: 10
Customizability: 9
Overall: 8

The GAN 356 XS is currently my main, but after I made this post, I don't really know why I didn't even switch. I'm saying the customizability on the Tengyun V2 M is better than on the GAN because on the Tengyun there are numbers on each level which helps me while on the GAN 356 XS the Clear internal plastic is hard to control.

Remember, this is all my opinion, and I'm very satisfied with my Tengyun.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
My Tengyun V2‘s in town now, hopefully it’ll be delivered today :). My parents say we’ll have to quarantine it though...

Edit: Also, I switched to Stickerless again, Black would’ve taken some more time. Black -> Stickerless -> Black -> Stickerless lol.

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just unboxed my Tengyun!!! I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that I utterly failed my unboxing lmao, horrible quality. But luckily, that’s where the bad news stops. I love the cube, it’s absolutely brilliant. Some notes:

Came covered with lube :) Classic Dayan, had to wipe off.

Not as quiet as I was expecting, still quieter than most cubes though, and only when turning pretty fast you notice the sound. I’d say 2/10 with 0 being no sound, and 10 being loudest cube ever. It’ll improve with lube.

Magnets were pretty good, it’s quite tactile and clicky.

Tension was fine, actually tighter than expected, may mess with the settings a bit - bit too tight.

Turning feels brilliant, very low pitched, slightly scratchy, and really smooth :)

Looks absolutely brilliant, shades are perfect. I like the primary plastic look and dipped centrecap too :)

Corner cutting really good, cuts everywhere except a small gap in between 55 degrees and 60 degrees

Overall, really impressed, definitely my main. Time to change my profile pic lol. I’m going to make an in depth review on Monday/Tuesday, try out the lighter magnets, loosen it, etc.

Last edited: