• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Tengyun V2M GIVEAWAY! Insta & YT: AlohaCubed AlohaCubed

brododragon

Also in your bio there is no way the generation thing will work because everyone will just see prostars and add 1 to the number prostar has so everyone will have the same amount
Actually, there is. I brung it to the forums, and then some other people copied it. Say somebody copied it from ProStar. That would be Gen 31. Then say someone else copied it from them. That would be Gen 32. Then say he copied it from them. That would be Gen 33. people get different numbers because they copy or from different people in the chain (actually, more like a web).

Hazel

Premium Member
My V2 arrived! Here are my early thoughts:
The cube feels amazing out of the box. It feels buttery, but with enough tactile feedback to still feel good. The out-of-the-box settings are also pretty good - so if you aren't a fan of customizing your cube, you'll be fine.
It's also noticeably quieter than the V1, or at least the sound it makes is softer.
I messed around with the customization settings, and I'm finding it difficult to find the right one for me. This isn't the fault of the cube, though. I'm sure once I find the right options for me, this cube will become so much better. I also have yet to lube the cube at all.

TL;DR the cube is great so far and I'm excited to see how much more I love it once I'm able to find my perfect customization settings.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
My V2 arrived! Here are my early thoughts:
The cube feels amazing out of the box. It feels buttery, but with enough tactile feedback to still feel good. The out-of-the-box settings are also pretty good - so if you aren't a fan of customizing your cube, you'll be fine.
It's also noticeably quieter than the V1, or at least the sound it makes is softer.
I messed around with the customization settings, and I'm finding it difficult to find the right one for me. This isn't the fault of the cube, though. I'm sure once I find the right options for me, this cube will become so much better. I also have yet to lube the cube at all.

TL;DR the cube is great so far and I'm excited to see how much more I love it once I'm able to find my perfect customization settings.
Even quieter than V1, wow! How does the magnet strength compare to the V1?

EvanTheCuber

The Tengyun Strong magnets are way too strong for the speed of the cube. The cube is extremely stable, with 55-degree corner-cutting. 45 degrees and less are effortless while 55-degree is pretty easy too. But the speed of the cube is a tad bit slow and I recommend medium magnets as Strong magnets are a lot stronger than any magnets I've used.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
The Tengyun Strong magnets are way too strong for the speed of the cube. The cube is extremely stable, with 55-degree corner-cutting. 45 degrees and less are effortless while 55-degree is pretty easy too. But the speed of the cube is a tad bit slow and I recommend medium magnets as Strong magnets are a lot stronger than any magnets I've used.
Maybe try some Max Fleet :)

EvanTheCuber

I have, I lubed each piece with Fleet. Maybe should've added more, but I wasted 3/4 of it pulling apart my X, and squeezing it all in.

Edit: THen I used 1/8 of it on my Yulong, then I used 1/9 of it on my Tengyun, and I used a tiny bit on my XS :(.

Hazel

Premium Member
Even quieter than V1, wow! How does the magnet strength compare to the V1?
There are 3 magnet settings. The lightest setting is comparable to the V1, and the two stronger settings are each noticeably stronger. I've been using the middle setting.

Also, update: I spent a long time messing around with settings, and I think I've found one I really like: 1.0 for the octagon, 0.8 for the hexagon, and the 2nd magnet setting. I lubed it with 1 drop of SCS Jack-O-Lanturn, 1 drop of SCS Candy Cane, and 1 drop of SCS Martian. It retains its really nice chunky butter feeling (I don't know how else to describe it, but it's really nice).

My only real issue with the cube is that it feels somewhat slippery. When I do fast algorithms, I feel like my fingers slip off of the pieces, making my algs feel funky. I think ridges like on the GTS3 would solve this. But since that isn't realistic, I don't know how I'll address the problem. SCS's PVC coating might be something that can fix this issue.