• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Tengyun V2M GIVEAWAY! Insta & YT: AlohaCubed AlohaCubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
You know, I might be getting it. Now it’s on pre order, I kind of really want to get it, as it seems like a really good cube for me - quiet, smooth, buttery, good corner cutting, fast. I just have to work up the courage to ask my parents and try persuade them.
Any tips?
Don’t threaten them
Bribery might work
Or just be nice for a few days so they owe you
;)

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It was pretty good, not up to, say, the WR M or XS, but mainly because of it’s raw speed and very light magnets, leading to uncontrollability. This should be fixed in the V2 though, with tighter springs, and heavier magnets. And it’ll be even quieter. I say get the V2, but just my opinion. Maybe wait for reviews to come out to decide.

brododragon

You know, I might be getting it. Now it’s on pre order, I kind of really want to get it, as it seems like a really good cube for me - quiet, smooth, buttery, good corner cutting, fast. I just have to work up the courage to ask my parents and try persuade them.
Any tips?
Work out a deal that if you do all your "school" work (what your teachers email you and maybe even additional work you give yourself) for a week or two, you can get a cube.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wouls those on here who own a Tengyun V2 M say it's for lighter turners or rougher turners? I'm just asking because I'm not satisfied with my current main the Valk Elite M and am looking for a new main that's good for slightly rougher turners.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wouls those on here who own a Tengyun V2 M say it's for lighter turners or rougher turners? I'm just asking because I'm not satisfied with my current main the Valk Elite M and am looking for a new main that's good for slightly rougher turners.
Well you’ll have to wait lol, still on pre order.

My parents say I can get it, but around the time as my birthday to save on shipping price, and also because COVID-19. :/. I was hoping to do an unboxing and review when I got it, first thing, but I guess I won’t be doing early.

brododragon

Well you’ll have to wait lol, still on pre order.

My parents say I can get it, but around the time as my birthday to save on shipping price, and also because COVID-19. :/. I was hoping to do an unboxing and review when I got it, first thing, but I guess I won’t be doing early.
Hey, you're still getting it!

Hazel

Premium Member
Hi Guys, was the Tengyun V1 like Very Very Good? Should I get the GTS3M or the Tengyun V2? THanks
Unless you average sub-10, it probably won't make a difference in terms of cube performance, so it'd depend more on feeling.
The TengYun V1 is very good, but performance-wise, technically inferior to things like the GTS3 or Gan X.
Look at descriptions of each and reviews for each (once the TengYun V2 is released), and decide based on what people say about them.

Sion

Noise was never a major criteria for me, especially since the sound drowns out in competition, or you can just listen to music while practicing at home.

ketchupcuber

The 356m can be for rough turners if you put in yellow springs and set them to 0.8 you can also customise the xs for that but even though its in my opinion the best cube it is a bit pricey