• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Replacement Corner

Tyler213270

Hi, I lost a corner to my sticker-less dayan guhong and I don't know where to find a replacement. If anyone knows where i could find a replacement piece it would really help, it can just be a regular black corner anything would work.

Hovair

WCA
2011GONZ04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why dont you make a mold. If that doesnt work than try to get a new cube. I dont know of a place that sells them. I actually had a lingyun and I lost an edge to it and a guy just let me have a peice since he didnt need it.

Drake

Personnaly me to I would be interested of seing somme doing that, with out loosing way more then the price he bought the cube.

You can contact the shop you buyed it from. If your lucky you may get it for free and pay the shipping, or your maybe need to pay like 3$ more or less for the corner, and pay for the shipping. It depends on the store, and it depends to if they have already extra corners.

Hovair

WCA
2011GONZ04
YouTube
Visit Channel
How would one go about with making a mold, I've always been interested in that.

You would take a corner and split it and take a mold of all three and a mold of the little peg things and put it back together. And you said it wouldnt matter if it wasnt a colored cube. But thats how I think you would do it.

Drake

Hmm it's not as simple as that? You would need a aluminum or steel mold, you would need plastic, you would need to melt it. You can't just make appear a random mold. And get good quality plastic bbasicly comme to the first problem find a corner. And make melt the plastic good luck?

And cn you tell me how you will make the mold? You need a material to do it, you can't just take an random material to make it. Dayan use aluminium molds if am right, witch are way less expensive then steel molds. And you can't really just make a mold from the corner, you will need to adapt the size logicly, and i doubt that dayan except to give a mold!

Im not trying to bring you down, im trying to give you a little bit of logic.

And yes you can make a mold out of rubber silicone and use resine to make the plastic (like tony fisher does), but it woulnt work well in a speedcube and it would cost more then getting a new cube

Last edited: