• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Dayan Megaminx I

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it's nothing unusual, I'm sure many people talk about Meffert's minx, chinaminx, etc. I'd be surprised if I'm the first to use the term in this thread, but I guess I might be.

I never call it a minx. I use minx when I want to describe the minx family: pyraminx, megaminx, starminx, pyraminx crystal, skewb etc.

I don't get why you should call a megaminx, minx, but the pyraminx a pyra, I call them pyra and mega.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I never call it a minx. I use minx when I want to describe the minx family: pyraminx, megaminx, starminx, pyraminx crystal, skewb etc.

I don't get why you should call a megaminx, minx, but the pyraminx a pyra, I call them pyra and mega.

Well, perhaps the main difference is that I don't generally talk about pyraminx and I can't remember when I last solved one, so it's never something I really take into account. I agree that in general it's not the best notation, but as long as it's not used ambiguously it manages to work. I don't just refer to it as minx when it would be ambiguous, such as at a comp.