• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing in school

Etotheipi

Haha. It’s like the exact opposite here in Taiwan. Such a thing is never heard of. In fact, my school has been famous for being ridiculously strict for 20 years straight and (as far as I know) not a single student has sued their teacher. It’s just the way things are here in the east.
No one sues their teacher in the states either i dont think, it was a joke lol.

GAN 356 X

Western Australia has a "off and away all day" policy. Phones are banned
Same with Victoria

What kind of nerd are you? Ima math nerd.
I've always been an English nerd. I used to be good at math then I got a bad math teacher in year 7 and didn't try very hard now I have a good teacher and I'm doing good.

Same here in the USA. Kid just hide it under their desks. Teachers are pretty stupid here.
I find that most teacher know that I'm cubing but they know I'm listening cos I'm a pretty good student. My friend iwannaganx whilst being a good student and extremely good at math, cubes really loudly and manages to get his cubes confiscated vevery time, even my own ones when I Gove them to him lol

Last edited:

Hazel

Premium Member
I cube pretty openly during classes—having something to do with my hands helps me concentrate. My teachers are pretty chill for the most part, so as long as I'm paying attention and not distracting others they don't mind. This depends on the teacher, of course—some of them take their classes much more seriously than others, so I can't take out my cube then.
Of course, I use a TengYun while in school. I'm going to re-lube it soon and try to quiet it down even more.

brododragon

I cube pretty openly during classes—having something to do with my hands helps me concentrate. My teachers are pretty chill for the most part, so as long as I'm paying attention and not distracting others they don't mind. This depends on the teacher, of course—some of them take their classes much more seriously than others, so I can't take out my cube then.
Of course, I use a TengYun while in school. I'm going to re-lube it soon and try to quiet it down even more.
Same here. The teachers don't really care.

Rafaello

WCA
2019SADE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
My teacher: So tell me what do you know about...
My friend: Wait for a moment I need to solve my cube!! (noise from his Rubik's brand cube).
30 seconds later:
Teacher: You get F grade
My friend: Wait, I'm orienting corners...

BTW. I got my previous 3x3 PB (8.80) during computers lesson. My classmates: Oh man how?? My teacher: You are turning it so fast, it will propably start burning.

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel
Same with Victoria

I've always been an English nerd. I used to be good at math then I got a bad math teacher in year 7 and didn't try very hard now I have a good teacher and I'm doing good.
i assume your grade 8 now. I'm grade 7 and i think these kids are overexcited.
i brought one to school yesteday and i had half the grade surronding me doing my solve

GAN 356 X

i assume your grade 8 now. I'm grade 7 and i think these kids are overexcited.
i brought one to school yesteday and i had half the grade surronding me doing my solve
Yep, grade 8, turning 14 this year
Lucky for me, I have a photographic memory. I listen to the teacher once and then just goof off. Math class is the best because I can program/draw with the TI-84's. Still get All A's, though.
Basically the same here