• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Health

mayernikmatt

WCA
2018MAYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys! I’ve been cubing for 3 years now and have been to 9-10 comps. Recently, my wrists and hands have been hurting me a decent bit and I was just wondering what you guys do to prevent injury. I don’t know if icing or putting my hands in hot water would be a good idea, but I just want to know what you guys do when your hands and wrists hurt. Thanks!

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that the most important thing to do is to cool down with some slower solves after your session. That will prevent them from hurting in the first place. When they are hurting, I would recommend icing them and if it keeps up, just ask a doctor, because it can't hurt. I have a friend in cross country that has tendinitis because he didn't cool down after his races, and now he has to ice his ankles all the time.