• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Cubing for 10 months but only average 35 help

ryan337dogo

i only average 35 but ive been cubing for 10 months not that that matters really but i would like to get faster
i use cfop cross in around 5 seconds rest of f2l in about 15 seconds oll 5 seconds and pll abt 10 i use full pll but i dont think i need to
i only practice about 20 minutes a day at most but i defenitly have more time so i would like to know how many solves you do a day or how many you did a day when you averaged around my time.

ryan337dogo

not sure if this is good but here
im also not entirely sure if pll is the problem i got a fperm which im bad at when i did my splits so yeah

Your PLL really needs improvement. I did about 50-100 solves when I averaged your times. Like @Nmile7300 said, it would be nice if you could provide somes videos of your solves.

NeoBridgeburn

Here are the splits:
Cross: ~4s
F2L; ~ 16s
OLL: ~ 4s
PLL: ~ 4s
That equals 28s.
The remaining 7s were probably pauses.
That being said I think you should work on look ahead.
I think that's good idea, but I've never used lookahead and I average around 25. Maybe shake things up? Try Roux or ZZ or Petrus or HK or *insert 50 other method names so im not methodist* for a month and get back to CFOP? Or dedicate a session to PLL training? Oh and also, utilize your inspection time.

seanthecuber

So first of all, try learning more f2l algs, efficiency is key, also have muscle memory for your algs..

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here are the splits:
Cross: ~4s
F2L; ~ 16s
OLL: ~ 4s
PLL: ~ 4s
That equals 28s.
The remaining 7s were probably pauses.
That being said I think you should work on look ahead.
at this speed there is no need for lookahead because f2l is the main bottleneck. if you know every f2l case then each should only take 2 seconds.

Kaneki Uchiha

I think that's good idea, but I've never used lookahead and I average around 25. Maybe shake things up? Try Roux or ZZ or Petrus or HK or *insert 50 other method names so im not methodist* for a month and get back to CFOP? Or dedicate a session to PLL training? Oh and also, utilize your inspection time.
I am almost sub 20 and I still don't use inspection. @ryan337dogo try other methods maybe? I used cfop for three months and could not become sub 25.
2 months ago I switched to roux and now I average around 20. My point being maybe cfop is not meant for you?

xyzzy

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
How exactly are you practising? Do you do 20 minutes a day, or a couple hours in a big session on Saturday?

If it's the former, I would suggest switching to the latter and trying to be faster with every solve (rather than just mindlessly solving)

Insert---Name

oh i meant to say that I dont use timed inspection @xyzzy

Oh that makes more sense now. I thought Roux (Or any method actually) was heavily reliant on inspection time so it didn’t really make sense how anyone could average around 20 without any inspection time.

Oh and as for ryandoggo all of the advice here is already enough and I can’t really add much since CFOP isn’t even my main method anyway. Just practice F2L and reduce regrips like other people said and your times should drop. It also looked like you were doing lots of unnecessary moves (U U’ U U U) so try to get rid of that habit. I did around the same amount of solves as you did when I averaged your times, although I wasn’t really motivated in cubing.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel