• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Addiction

Eduard Khil

Ive started playing with the cube three months ago, which my times were around 2 minutes. Then I started serious cubing one month ago, and now I average 23 secs.

Ive acquired some nine cubes, with four yet to come in the mail.
I cube in school, and at home. I cube for something like at least 1.5 hours a day, and when I am not cubing, I am thinking about cubes. I still perform the same in school, but I spend less time on homework and reading. (Ive learnt 10% CFOP algs, all Roux (excluding CMLL) algs)

How do you balance cubing and life?

lerenard

Ive started playing with the cube three months ago, which my times were around 2 minutes. Then I started serious cubing one month ago, and now I average 23 secs.

Ive acquired some nine cubes, with four yet to come in the mail.
I cube in school, and at home. I cube for something like at least 1.5 hours a day, and when I am not cubing, I am thinking about cubes. I still perform the same in school, but I spend less time on homework and reading. (Ive learnt 10% CFOP algs, all Roux (excluding CMLL) algs)

How do you balance cubing and life?

Which algs would those be???

I don't find it hard to have a balance. Today, for example, I did some 2x2, 4x4, 5x5, pyraminx, and an ao100 on 3x3. I didn't let any one thing take all my time.

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
1.5 hours a day is nothing compared to some people on here :p, just wait until you have like 10+ different events you need to practice. but all you can do is limit yourself to how much you cube a day (It's ok to do it a little longer on weekends) And pick up some other hobbies or school clubs or something so you have more variety in your obsessions XD

EDIT: You're progressing pretty well by the way.

Eduard Khil

Yeah I orient edges by algs, then UL UR, and then solve remaining pieces.
I own a Dianma, a Guanlong; which Ive ordered a Huanying and another guanlong...

Probably, my practise time is little compared to people here.
I cube till my hands are tired. (I have quite weak fingers) Usually some accumulated 45 minutes at school and some 30 minutes at home.

WCA
2011MART05
I think that I have a kind of addiction, cause, I have been cubing since 2008, and still, trying to improve and buying new cubes, now I have 44 cubes, and average a time of 25.xy seconds, I have some kind of damage in my wrist joint, sometime hurts, also, my fingers hurts when I go for it really hard and for a long time....

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that I have a kind of addiction, cause, I have been cubing since 2008, and still, trying to improve and buying new cubes, now I have 44 cubes, and average a time of 25.xy seconds, I have some kind of damage in my wrist joint, sometime hurts, also, my fingers hurts when I go for it really hard and for a long time....
Light weight! I started in May last year and have ~50 cubes haha.

Seanliu

YouTube
Visit Channel
Every Day, I practice at least 3 hours. Basically, cubing is like weed for me, but without the side effects. Everyone should try it. I have been cubing sine June 2014 and is only reaching sub 20. I really don't know why I am improving so slowly, but meh. I own 22 cubes.