• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cubesolver's progress thread/quest for sub 8 petrus

cubesolver

It seems quest for sub 8 petrus threads are really popular nowadays, so i decided to make one. I really like petrus as a method, and I think its only bad point is eo in the middle of the solve. I think when people become faster with it, though, they might be able to plan 3x3x2 + eo in inspection. At the time of writing I am sub 1 minute, but expect that to go down fairly quickly until around sub 30.

So I thought this would be a good place to post my times, ask questions, and hear your thoughts on this.

@PetrusQuber
@brododragon
@xcross
Do you wanna race?

whaffle

This is basically my quest for sub 8 petrus, but it seems I'm not supposed to make "my quest for" threads anymore, so yeah. I really like petrus as a method, and I think its only bad point is eo in the middle of the solve. I think when people become faster with it, though, they might be able to plan 3x3x2 + eo in inspection. At the time of writing I am sub 30, but expect that to go down fairly quickly until around sub 15.

So I thought this would be a good place to post my times, ask questions, and hear your thoughts on this.

@PetrusQuber
@brododragon
@xcross
Do you wanna race?

@Tao Yu If it isn't too much trouble, could you add JuJu ZBLL to your trainer?
It seems quest for sub 8 petrus threads are really popular nowadays, so i decided to make one. I really like petrus as a method, and I think its only bad point is eo in the middle of the solve. I think when people become faster with it, though, they might be able to plan 3x3x2 + eo in inspection. At the time of writing I am sub 1 minute, but expect that to go down fairly quickly until around sub 30.

@PetrusQuber
@brododragon
@xcross
Do you wanna race?

very original post you got there

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I really like petrus as a method, and I think its only bad point is eo in the middle of the solve. I think when people become faster with it, though, they might be able to plan 3x3x2 + eo in inspection. At the time of writing I am sub 30, but expect that to go down fairly quickly until around sub 15.

@PetrusQuber
@brododragon
@xcross
Do you wanna race?

@Tao Yu If it isn't too much trouble, could you add JuJu ZBLL to your trainer?
seriously?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
don't worry I reported this thread. You should too

For what? Using the exact same structure as another quest thread? He's not claiming a new idea, so it's not plagiarism. He's just a lazy kid who wanted to feel cool and didn't want to write their own thing.

*Words such as "He" are not meant to assume gender but only to simplify writing

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
For what? Using the exact same structure as another quest thread? He's not claiming a new idea, so it's not plagiarism. He's just a lazy kid who wanted to feel cool and didn't want to write their own thing.

*Words such as "He" are not meant to assume gender but only to simplify writing
No. He/she wrote exactly word for word what another thread said, which does nothing but clutter the forums.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
No. He/she wrote exactly word for word what another thread said, which does nothing but clutter the forums.

He's not claiming a new idea, so it's not plagiarism. He's just a lazy kid who wanted to feel cool and didn't want to write their own thing.

As long as he updates it then it's not clutter. Although chances are that he just wants to be "cool" and doesn't actually care

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
As long as he updates it then it's not clutter. Although chances are that he just wants to be "cool" and doesn't actually care
it's not cool (or even "cool") to copy word for word what somebody else did because, again, all it will do is clutter the forums. Also, I think there's a 99% chance he won't update this for more than a week.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
it's not cool (or even "cool") to copy word for word what somebody else did because, again, all it will do is clutter the forums. Also, I think there's a 99% chance he won't update this for more than a week.

I said he probably did it because he thought Sub 8 Petrus Quest Threads were the "in thing" and he wanted to feel cool

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Micah Morrison I didn't realize that was why you wanted to report it. I thought you were reporting it because it was fishy and suspicious in general. First of all, everyone thought this person used CFOP, now they apparently switched to Petrus. When questioned about this they responded with "yeah tripod is bad". Second, they almost completely copied the words from someone else's thread, and I highly doubt that was because they wanted to be "cool". I don't know what @cubesolver is playing at here, but it seems really suspicious.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
@Micah Morrison I didn't realize that was why you wanted to report it. I thought you were reporting it because it was fishy and suspicious in general. First of all, everyone thought this person used CFOP, now they apparently switched to Petrus. When questioned about this they responded with "yeah tripod is bad". Second, they almost completely copied the words from someone else's thread, and I highly doubt that was because they wanted to be "cool". I don't know what @cubesolver is playing at here, but it seems really suspicious.

Do you think they have some grand scheme to make everyone think tripod is bad or something? It's probably some kid that wanted to feel cool that doesn't even use Petrus or Tripod

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you think they have some grand scheme to make everyone think tripod is bad or something?
No but now that I think about it, I think they were just trying to make fun of the unoriginality of certain progress threads.

Disclaimer: I know I have a progress thread myself, but the main reason for that is because it motivates me to practice more and get better.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

@PetrusQuber
@brododragon
@xcross
Do you wanna race?
Dude if you actually want to do this then stop copying word for word what other people have said. @whaffle was already touching on the line, this is straight up copying other people right now. And no I don’t want to race, I’m sure @brododragon doesn’t either, and @xcross is not using Petrus. I think this thread will die out soon anyway so I won’t bother reporting.

whaffle

Dude if you actually want to do this then stop copying word for word what other people have said. @whaffle was already touching on the line, this is straight up copying other people right now. And no I don’t want to race, I’m sure @brododragon doesn’t either, and @xcross is not using Petrus. I think this thread will die out soon anyway so I won’t bother reporting.
:mad:fine i changed my post

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I havent been on the forums in ages.. what happened?

Cults sprang up, then fell
Owen Morrison attempted to reactolution Lighttake.com to take me off the top of the leaderboards, and made it halfway
And now some people are don't like progress threads, but the majority are in favor of them