• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cuber's IQ

Vishal

130 is gifted 150 is genius

IQ cannot change that much when your in kindergarden and when your 30 it probably won't change more than 5

Also all the cubers that have poster are gifted which proves that most cubers did good in or are doing good in school.

Last edited by a moderator:

uberCuber

WCA
2011THOM01
Vishal please refrain from triple-posting; it is against the rules. If you want to say something more, please use the edit button at the bottom of your post.

Anyway, I find it funny that a post about IQ contains such poor grammar...

Personally I think IQ tests are pointless, as someone said earlier, you can train for IQ tests, which says little about your actual intelligence.

Last edited:

Karth

WCA
2011THOR01
I've done two certified tests one at 9 years and one when I was 12.
First one I scored 139, second one was 141.
When I take internet ones I seem to score significantly higher, above 150

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
IQ cannot change that much when your in kindergarden and when your 30 it probably won't change more than 5
Wrong, because adult IQ and child IQ are not quite the same thing. Adult IQ is supposed to measure intelligence, whereas child IQ measures intelligence for your age (which really has a lot more to do with speed of mental development). The two scales aren't even set up the same way - adult IQ is a bell curve with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15 or 16 (depending on who you ask), whereas child IQ is essentially (mental age)/(actual age). It should be entirely possible for someone to have a child IQ of 150ish (mentally developing 1.5 times as fast as a normal person) and end up with a normal adult IQ.

I probably have a pretty high IQ, but IQ doesn't matter, compared to things like problem-solving skill and natural memory (as opposed to memory ability using journey/story techniques, which is more of a practice thing). It's especially silly because of all the tests out there that sound legit but will give everyone a high value (generally averaging in the 120-140 range).

Kynit

Last time I took an IQ test online I got around 120. Can't remember what test, or exactly when. Doesn't really matter, I guess.

For comparison, I average around 30 on 3x3, and have a school average of 95.

Cool Frog

when i was in second grade i had an IQ score of 156, I do however remembering how amazingly easy it was (showed you picture and had to recreate them, like a house or something dumb like that)
Recently I took aptitude testing. those scores where more interesting, I scored in the 95th percentile for ideology or flow of ideas(50% is "average") 90th percentile for memory(this covers word memory, minute changes, change over time, and a couple of other areas)
And, surprisingly the 20th percentile for fine motor skills.:fp

Andrew Ricci

Anonymity is for Nubs
WCA
2010RICC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
How much less?

Stefan, your sarcasm may be unnecessary, but it always seems to make my day. Or ruin it, depending on if it is targeted toward me. :p

OP: I have never taken an IQ test. But I do know that IQ has little do with cubing, so I can't see how you assume the average cuber would have a higher IQ than the average non-cuber.

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel