• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cuber's IQ

Vishal

I would like to see what cubers IQ is intelligence quotient it is basically how fast you learn how good your memory(how fast you guys can memorize algorithms) is it does not mean your smart it just means you have the ability to be smart. If anyone knows their IQ please state it bellow. Also please be honest and if you are apart of Mensa please let me know to. I think most people who get into cubing have at least a above average IQ and are smart and I don't want your score from an online test like Megan Fox's IQ is 123 what's yours. A real test that an actual certified person gave you.

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
If you think it's personal simply don't post. I'm around 150. Only did a couple of tests at then end of my school days. One high 140 and a low 150.

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Around 140 to 150, but with the IQ inflation going around on the internet these days, maybe more like 180.

I've found IQ doesn't matter much. As long as you have a decent brain, it's more about growing up right and having passion, discipline, etc. (the good ol' stuff).

mrCage

Around 140 to 150, but with the IQ inflation going around on the internet these days, maybe more like 180.

I've found IQ doesn't matter much. As long as you have a decent brain, it's more about growing up right and having passion, discipline, etc. (the good ol' stuff).

I agree completely. IQ-tests do not matter much at all. They measure a very narrow set of skills. Besides, one can train oneself to do well on such tests. Pretty useless in my opinion ...

Per

da25centz

WCA
2010MEYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe in the early days. Now with Youtube tutorials everywhere any idiot can get into cubing.

absolutely
just last week i taught one of the stupidest people i know how to cube, its not hard. all it requires is the ability to memorize 2 or 3 things, and a little bit of practice

MagicYio

WCA
2010OOST01
I like how only the ones with an exeptional high IQ post theirs. I think too that it's irrelevant, but mine's 128. And it's not an internet-test, but an official one.

Vishal

I see what you guys mean but 140 150 is pretty good Isaac neuron was 180 and I am around 145. IQ means how fast you learn and memorize things I agree that you can teach an idiot how to cube but an someone average is like 107 will need extra time to memorize algs and will forget them easily and they would have some problems Whith learning full fridricd or how ever you spell it or full eg or polish v. And IQ does not mean your smart it just means you have the ability to be smart and you people Whith 140 try out for Mensa its an organization for people in the top 2 percent of IQ you take a test and there are benifits like good for getting into university. I'm going to try when I'm 14 in a few months

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know, at one of my previous schools you needed an IQ of atleast 130 to enter, so I had to take an IQ test, which I passed.. But I didn't get my result xD

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
@Vishal: PLEASE TYPE USING COMPLETE SENTENCES. I can't understand a word of what you're trying to say.

Additionally, I do not believe IQ tells how well someone can learn and memorize things. IQ signifies how well a person can logically assess a problem and figure ways to solve those problems. For instance, if I gave two people the letters "grtrnseo" and told them to make a word out of it, and one got the answer "stronger" in one minute while the other got the answer in three minutes, this means that the faster individual had a higher comprehension and processing level of the task at hand. This does NOT mean that the faster person has a higher IQ. IQ is based on many things, and not one single-characteristic test can determine the difference in the IQs of two different people.

From Wikipedia's article on IQ:
The General Intelligence Factor (g)

There are many different kinds of IQ tests using a wide variety of methods. Some tests are visual, some are verbal, some tests only use of abstract-reasoning problems, and some tests concentrate on arithmetic, spatial imagery, reading, vocabulary, memory or general knowledge.
The psychologist Charles Spearman early this century made the first formal factor analysis of correlations between the tests. He found that a single common factor explained for the positive correlations among tests. This is an argument still accepted in principle by many psychometricians. Spearman named it g for "general intelligence factor." In any collections of IQ tests, by definition the test that best measures g is the one that has the highest correlations with all the others. Most of these g-loaded tests typically involve some form of abstract reasoning. Therefore Spearman and others have regarded g as the perhaps genetically determined real essence of intelligence. This is still a common but not proven view. Other factor analyses of the data with different results are possible. Some psychometricians regard g as a statistical artifact. The accepted best measure of g is Raven's Progressive Matrices which is a test of visual reasoning.

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I see what you guys mean but 140 150 is pretty good Isaac neuron was 180 and I am around 145. IQ means how fast you learn and memorize things I agree that you can teach an idiot how to cube but an someone average is like 107 will need extra time to memorize algs and will forget them easily and they would have some problems Whith learning full fridricd or how ever you spell it or full eg or polish v. And IQ does not mean your smart it just means you have the ability to be smart and you people Whith 140 try out for Mensa its an organization for people in the top 2 percent of IQ you take a test and there are benifits like good for getting into university. I'm going to try when I'm 14 in a few months

Wow...

Anyway, the history of IQ tests is far more interesting than the tests themselves (or what people have scored on here). Stephen Jay Gould's 'A Mismeasure of Man' has a great chapter on the misapplications of IQ testing.

The funny thing about IQ is that the higher it is the more potential you have to waste. I'd much rather have a lower IQ but be more naturally motivated to work - only the most gifted of gifted get anywhere without having to work damn hard...

NeedReality

WCA
2010MARK03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm pretty sure that 130+ is genius status... Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that 130+ is gifted, with 150 or 160+ being "genius." The measure of one's IQ is hardly a measure of their intelligence however, so I don't see the point in people obsessing over numbers. Also to whoever is doing online IQ tests, as has probably been mentioned, those usually inflate your scores quite a bit.

I myself have never taken an IQ test. I used to be in Future Problem Solvers, which my school requires you to have a certain IQ to join, but they just requested that I join without testing me. I am curious to see what mine would be, but it's not important enough to me to go about taking one for fun.