• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Cuber does F2L LBL in 9 seconds

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi Everybody!

I saw an AWESOME video having this guy get an average of 15.25 seconds getting the First Two Layers, using the Layer by Layer method! He even got a lucky 9 SECONDS!!!!!!! When I saw the video, all I could do was :eek: Seriously, look at how fast his fingers move...

In this this video (same person), he solved the whole cube using the Layer by Layer method in an average of 28.21!!!!:D Seriously, that's really fast for LBL method.

Last edited by a moderator:

shelley

chang
WCA
2004CHAN04
Wow. I don't know if it's just the frame rate or anything, but that doesn't look like a very smooth cube either.

Leo

Didn't Erik post a video on YouTube yesterday of him averaging sub-20 with LBL 4LLL?

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow those are the fastest solves I've ever seen with LBL 4LLL....

It's hard to tell how fast he is really going because of the video camera's frame rate but it's still awesome!!

Well I could probably do my cube faster if I had a DIY :(

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow those are the fastest solves I've ever seen with LBL 4LLL....

It's hard to tell how fast he is really going because of the video camera's frame rate but it's still awesome!!

Well I could probably do my cube faster if I had a DIY :(

A DIY won't magically make you faster, I didn't get a DIY until I was around 20s or so. I now avg around 16s, and can still get 16s on my first cube.

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think a DIY will and here's why:

It cuts corners well
It can be adjusted to be loose

My cube decently cuts corners because I sanded it, but it's not awesome.
I lubricated my cube with silicone but I still get a lot of friction...

I think a DIY cube will solve that problem.

36duong

WCA
2009DUON01
That koma guy is just amazing..... Sub 30 with LBL for the First Two layers
Anyway, I'd also go for the DIY having a bad cube is no fun at all. I'm not saying that all store boughts are bad it's just most people don't think of using Silicone and breaking in without the internet or a long time.