• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

jms

I sometimes have problems with my fingernails catching on stickered cubes.

It's because I kind of curl my finger in when I fingertrick.

Baron1213

I want a sturdy cube that doesn't pop and also cuts corners really well. My friend bought a YJ YuLong(that's what he said, and that's what it looked like) online. It was good and smooth overall, but popped quite a lot of times when we tried to cut corners at nearly 20 degrees. Also it felt kinda weak on the Inside. was it just on his cube, or is the YJ like this????

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
No you can't not even for bld/mbld. Read the rules/regulations and watch some recent official mbld vids and no cubes are stickerless

Nvm sorry. I remember watching videos. And hearing people say they are legal only for bld and mbld and have seen bld splvers using stickerless cubes. Then I realized that all of these cids were before 2012 when they banned them.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want a sturdy cube that doesn't pop and also cuts corners really well. My friend bought a YJ YuLong(that's what he said, and that's what it looked like) online. It was good and smooth overall, but popped quite a lot of times when we tried to cut corners at nearly 20 degrees. Also it felt kinda weak on the Inside. was it just on his cube, or is the YJ like this????

Idk about yulongs, but if you are looking for a sturdy cube that feels solid and doesnt pop get the weilong. I have solved it thousands of times and it has popped only once when I tried to go for like 7tps on a easy scramble with really loose tensions. Most people prefer the aolong, but it feels unstable and floppy, and pops and corner twists more than the weilong. So get a weilong. V2

dannah

So is the Guan long better than the Zhan Chi???
yes, it is generally faster but for you can get it for $2, but it is really down to what you prefer try them both out or possibly the aolong ($6.85 at cubezz.com), which is probably better

Baron1213

Thanks guys. One final question- Should I Go for the Zhanchi or weilong. And should I lube my weilong with Maru Lube??

WCA
2016BOUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks guys. One final question- Should I Go for the Zhanchi or weilong. And should I lube my weilong with Maru Lube??

I just ordered a Weiling, but I have a Zhanchi in my cart to get next. I keep one cube in my bag, one on my desk, one at work, and will take them plus a couple when I substitute teach if a kid needs something to do. Both might not be an option now, but I would suggest at some point to have one of each. They are both good... from what I heard.