• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube Collectors Club

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yes... what's wrong with the normal boxes :p

We box collectors strive to provide our cubes and shelves with the most enjoyable and subline appearance possible even if it means spending $20 on a box for our $20 4x4.

Lol. Its a clash between the collector and the speed cuber in me. I like to have my main's with me when I travel so I can practice, and I want to protect them with more than just a felt bag, yet I don't want to mess up the original packaging by bringing them with me. for 4x4 and 5x5 I currently have those flimsy, plastic boxes that the cubicle used to sell. They are the ones with the slot in the top because I think they were originally piggy banks. If they made boxes similar to their new 3x3 boxes with their logo on them I would buy them in a second. If only 4x4 and 5x5 had more set dimensions to make that practical.

Reactions: qwr

Cubelover520

I'm making this "club" so I can finally have a place to talk about my old cubes I've bought without putting them in other threads :) (I also made an account on twistypuzzles forum, but they seem to have this weird policy on "knockoff" puzzles like pretty much any chinese speedcube)

What cubes do you collect? I like to collect old Dayan and Alpha cubes, because those are the cubes I wanted when I started cubing (Mainly the Alpha V and the Guhong/Zhanchi), but I have stopped buying those because I have bought all the ones that I am interested in and are readily available. I also like buying 2x2s for some reason because they are all unique in feel (compare: little magic, valk2, xinghen, chuwen, wittwo, old dayan, they are all different feeling). I also like non-WCA puzzles that are simple in concept but not trivial, like cuboids, curvy copter, kilominx, master pyraminx, master skewb, etc. I want to get eventually a rex cube, helicopter cube, mosaic cube or equivalent, and maybe some constrained cubes (I find bandaging very frustrating though).
Hello, I want to join this group. I am also a collector. How can I join?

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
This seems like a cool thread! I have around 75-ish puzzles, most of which are speedcubes. :p

Basically, I divvy my puzzles up into a few distinct groups: NxNxN cubes, WCA non-cubes, "Other" (which is just for miscellaneous puzzles), and Memorabilia. NxNxN cubes is further broken up into 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, and 9x9, and WCA non-cubes is divided up into Pyraminx, Skewb, Megaminx, Clock, and Square-1. Then "other" is made up of 3x3 shape mods, picture cubes, tiny 3x3s, and any non-cubes that aren't WCA-legal, like the Face-Turning Octahedron, along with my cuboids/fidget cubes. Memorabilia is anything else, like a cubing shirt or some cufflinks or a tissue box.

(Alternatively, I suppose I could order them chronologically, but where's the fun in that?)

TheCubicle.com 25mm 1x1*

Valk 2 M 2x2
QiYi MS 2x2
QiYi QiDi S 2x2*
QiYi 2x2*
Rubik's 2.0 2x2
Rubik's 2.0 2x2 (Broken)
QiYi 2x2 (Broken) (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

GAN 12 MagLev 3x3 (UV coated)
GAN 11 M Pro 3x3
GAN XS 3x3*
GAN 356 i Carry 3x3
DaYan TengYun 3x3
YongJun MGC 3x3
MoYu RS3M 2020 3x3
YuXin Little Magic 3x3
ShengShou Legend 3x3
QiYi Thunderclap v3 M 3x3*
Rubik's 2.0 3x3
Rubik's 2.0 3x3 (2)
Valk 3 Power M 3x3 (Over-lubed)
QiYi WuWei 3x3 (Cubicle Custom with black side instead of yellow)
YJ YuLong v2 M 3x3
GAN 356 X 3x3 (2 ruined corners, and a bent core)
Rubik's 3x3* (Broken) (Irrevocably Lost Pieces) (Partially Missing Since February 1st, 2018)**
Rubik's Build it! Solve It! 3x3 (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

YJ YuSu v2 M 4x4
MFJS MeiLong Magnetic 4x4
Cubing Classroom MF4C 4x4*
ShengShou 4x4 v5
ShengShou 4x4 v5 (Missing some internal/external pieces since August 22nd, 2018)**
LanLan 4x4* (White w/ Black side instead of white) (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

QiYi MS 5x5
YuXin Cloud 5x5
ShengShou 5x5

MAX MGC 6x6
Cyclone Boys G6 6x6
YJ YuShi 6x6 (Missing 4 internal and 2 external pieces)

X-Man Designs Spark M 7x7
QiYi QiXing 7x7

MFJS 8x8

YuXin Little Magic 9x9 :cool:

ShengShou Aurora Pyraminx*
QiYi MS Pyraminx (1 broken corner)

X-Man Wingy Magnetic Concave Skewb
MoYu Skewb*
MoYu AoYan Skewb (Loose magnets, has lockups frequently, not quite sure why)

GAN Megaminx
YuXin Little Magic Megaminx
DaYan Megaminx
QJ Megaminx (Broken) (Partially Missing Since February 1st, 2018)**

QiYi Magnetic Clock
LingAo Magic Clock

X-Man Volt v2 Square-1 (Magnetic Slice)
YJ YuLong Square-1 (Stripped Core)

Rubik's 18mm Keychain 3x3*
Oriental Trading 37mm 3x3*
Oriental Trading 37mm 3x3 (Broken)*
QiYi 18mm White 3x3*
QiYi 18mm White Smooth 3x3*
QiYi 18mm White Smooth 3x3* (2)
Rubik's 18mm 3x3* (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

Hawai'ian Islands 3x3 Picture Cube*
Nebraska Cornhuskers Official Memorabilia 3x3 Picture Cube*
18mm Heart 3x3 Picture Cube*

Z Mirror Cube*
Pyramorphinx
Pandora Cube*
CubeStyle Twist Cube

LanLan Pie Cube
Rubik's Edge*
QiYi MoFangGe 3x3x1 Spinner*
5-Sided Cube Spinner
"V" Cube Spinner
Green Fidget Spinner

LanLan Face-Turning Octahedron*
YongJun Yeet Ball
Rubik's Snake

GAN Lube (10 mL)
DNM-37 (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Lunar (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Cosmic (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Martian (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Nova (3 mL)
FMC Stickers (3/4" dia., 215 ct.)

TheCubicle.com Cube Stand
TheCubicle.com Cube Stand (2)
MoYu Cube Stand
MoFangGe Family Cube Stand
MoFangGe Family Cube Stand (2)

Cube Pattern Shirt
"If You Can't Solve It / Yo, I'll Solve It" Shirt
Heartland Championships 2019 Shirt
Cube With Math Equations Shirt
Rubik's Cube Cuff Links
Rubik's Cube Beanie
Cube Pattern Bow Tie
Cube Pattern Gaiter Mask
TheCubicle.com Mask
Cube Pattern Socks

Rubik's Race Game
Tissue Box
Pencil Holder (Which also functions as a cube cover)
Rubik's Cube Mug

*Stickered
**One thing to note is that there are 6 puzzles that my parents confiscated for no apparent reason on February 1st, 2018 that they still have not given back, despite several repeated efforts on my part to get them back, to no avail. My parents deny the fact that they have not returned my puzzles, even when I show them convincing evidence to the contrary. I hope to have them back someday, but also acknowledge the fact that that day is most likely not coming anytime soon.
:cool:The biggest NxNxN puzzle I own.

Sorry if that was a bit much; remembering them all and putting them into one post took me about 2 hours, but that should be it!

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
This seems like a cool thread! I have around 75-ish puzzles, most of which are speedcubes. :p

Basically, I divvy my puzzles up into a few distinct groups: NxNxN cubes, WCA non-cubes, "Other" (which is just for miscellaneous puzzles), and Memorabilia. NxNxN cubes is further broken up into 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7, 8x8, and 9x9, and WCA non-cubes is divided up into Pyraminx, Skewb, Megaminx, Clock, and Square-1. Then "other" is made up of 3x3 shape mods, picture cubes, tiny 3x3s, and any non-cubes that aren't WCA-legal, like the Face-Turning Octahedron, along with my cuboids/fidget cubes. Memorabilia is anything else, like a cubing shirt or some cufflinks or a tissue box.

(Alternatively, I suppose I could order them chronologically, but where's the fun in that?)

TheCubicle.com 25mm 1x1*

Valk 2 M 2x2
QiYi MS 2x2
QiYi QiDi S 2x2*
QiYi 2x2*
Rubik's 2.0 2x2
Rubik's 2.0 2x2 (Broken)
QiYi 2x2 (Broken) (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

GAN 12 MagLev 3x3 (UV coated)
GAN 11 M Pro 3x3
GAN XS 3x3*
GAN 356 i Carry 3x3
DaYan TengYun 3x3
YongJun MGC 3x3
MoYu RS3M 2020 3x3
YuXin Little Magic 3x3
ShengShou Legend 3x3
QiYi Thunderclap v3 M 3x3*
Rubik's 2.0 3x3
Rubik's 2.0 3x3 (2)
Valk 3 Power M 3x3 (Over-lubed)
QiYi WuWei 3x3 (Cubicle Custom with black side instead of yellow)
YJ YuLong v2 M 3x3
GAN 356 X 3x3 (2 ruined corners, and a bent core)
Rubik's 3x3* (Broken) (Irrevocably Lost Pieces) (Partially Missing Since February 1st, 2018)**
Rubik's Build it! Solve It! 3x3 (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

YJ YuSu v2 M 4x4
MFJS MeiLong Magnetic 4x4
Cubing Classroom MF4C 4x4*
ShengShou 4x4 v5
ShengShou 4x4 v5 (Missing some internal/external pieces since August 22nd, 2018)**
LanLan 4x4* (White w/ Black side instead of white) (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

QiYi MS 5x5
YuXin Cloud 5x5
ShengShou 5x5

MAX MGC 6x6
Cyclone Boys G6 6x6
YJ YuShi 6x6 (Missing 4 internal and 2 external pieces)

X-Man Designs Spark M 7x7
QiYi QiXing 7x7

MFJS 8x8

YuXin Little Magic 9x9 :cool:

ShengShou Aurora Pyraminx*
QiYi MS Pyraminx (1 broken corner)

X-Man Wingy Magnetic Concave Skewb
MoYu Skewb*
MoYu AoYan Skewb (Loose magnets, has lockups frequently, not quite sure why)

GAN Megaminx
YuXin Little Magic Megaminx
DaYan Megaminx
QJ Megaminx (Broken) (Partially Missing Since February 1st, 2018)**

QiYi Magnetic Clock
LingAo Magic Clock

X-Man Volt v2 Square-1 (Magnetic Slice)
YJ YuLong Square-1 (Stripped Core)

Rubik's 18mm Keychain 3x3*
Oriental Trading 37mm 3x3*
Oriental Trading 37mm 3x3 (Broken)*
QiYi 18mm White 3x3*
QiYi 18mm White Smooth 3x3*
QiYi 18mm White Smooth 3x3* (2)
Rubik's 18mm 3x3* (Missing since February 1st, 2018)**

Hawai'ian Islands 3x3 Picture Cube*
Nebraska Cornhuskers Official Memorabilia 3x3 Picture Cube*
18mm Heart 3x3 Picture Cube*

Z Mirror Cube*
Pyramorphinx
Pandora Cube*
CubeStyle Twist Cube

LanLan Pie Cube
Rubik's Edge*
QiYi MoFangGe 3x3x1 Spinner*
5-Sided Cube Spinner
"V" Cube Spinner
Green Fidget Spinner

LanLan Face-Turning Octahedron*
YongJun Yeet Ball
Rubik's Snake

GAN Lube (10 mL)
DNM-37 (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Lunar (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Cosmic (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Martian (3 mL)
SpeedCubeShop Nova (3 mL)
FMC Stickers (3/4" dia., 215 ct.)

TheCubicle.com Cube Stand
TheCubicle.com Cube Stand (2)
MoYu Cube Stand
MoFangGe Family Cube Stand
MoFangGe Family Cube Stand (2)

Cube Pattern Shirt
"If You Can't Solve It / Yo, I'll Solve It" Shirt
Heartland Championships 2019 Shirt
Cube With Math Equations Shirt
Rubik's Cube Cuff Links
Rubik's Cube Beanie
Cube Pattern Bow Tie
Cube Pattern Gaiter Mask
TheCubicle.com Mask
Cube Pattern Socks

Rubik's Race Game
Tissue Box
Pencil Holder (Which also functions as a cube cover)
Rubik's Cube Mug

*Stickered
**One thing to note is that there are 6 puzzles that my parents confiscated for no apparent reason on February 1st, 2018 that they still have not given back, despite several repeated efforts on my part to get them back, to no avail. My parents deny the fact that they have not returned my puzzles, even when I show them convincing evidence to the contrary. I hope to have them back someday, but also acknowledge the fact that that day is most likely not coming anytime soon.
:cool:The biggest NxNxN puzzle I own.

Sorry if that was a bit much; remembering them all and putting them into one post took me about 2 hours, but that should be it!
I like all the “memorabilia” items you have. I only have 1 cube related t-shirt and it doesn’t fit very well anymore.

Lewis

WCA
2018PATT01
I guess I could post in this thread, seeing as I've (sort of unintentionally) amassed a bit of a collection. I've been cubing on and off over the past 15 years or so, and gathered a weird mix of puzzles in the process. Usually because I'll take a break from cubing for a year or so then when I come back there's loads of new hardware that's way better than what I was using in the past.
It's not the best photo - I couldn't find an angle that showed everything so there's a lot of cubes hidden behind other larger cubes and such. If anyone's actually interested I could take some better photos or try to dig out info like the brands of certain puzzles.

The image doesn't include the WCA puzzles that I actually use for speedsolving, they're kept somewhere else since I use them practically every day.

cubes1.jpg

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have a full list of the official Rubik's themed 3x3's? The type included in the similar packaging shown below (aka not including ones included in hex packaging like the Disney theme parks versions) Thanks!

Screenshot (12).pngScreenshot (11).png

rubik2005

Does anyone have a full list of the official Rubik's themed 3x3's? The type included in the similar packaging shown below (aka not including ones included in hex packaging like the Disney theme parks versions) Thanks!

View attachment 18759View attachment 18760
I found some for Harry Potter, Lilo & Stitch, Night Before Christmas, and Kingdom of Heats. Not sure if there are other ones, but those are the ones I found

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I found some for Harry Potter, Lilo & Stitch, Night Before Christmas, and Kingdom of Heats. Not sure if there are other ones, but those are the ones I found
Thank you for looking! I got a bit of free time tonight so I put together a collage of what I am hoping is the complete set. If anyone knows of others, please let me know.

usaOPOLY Puzzles.png

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

This was just posted by Guinness World Records. I know that others have far larger collections but have never applied, but I also remember someone on twisty puzzles forums getting a GWR for something.

The person in the video got the record specifically for rotating puzzles, so I wonder if everyone before had just applied for something more general like 'largest puzzle collection', since they also have large amounts of non twisty puzzles.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have enough cubes now (100+) that I'm starting to forget the names of them. The logical thing to do is to organize them in a spreadsheet and finally tally how many puzzles I have. If I decide to do it, any guesses?

Manxkiwi

That's exactly what I've done. This list is a few months old now. Currently on 175, as best as I can tell!

Attachments

• 20220523_132608.jpg
    20220523_132608.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: J41