• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 12268
Can someone tell me what the stats on the right mean?

(BTW this is my 2x2 session)
it's how many sub x solves you have in a row/how many sub x solves you have total
for example: You have 326 sub 8's in a row currently and 4671 total sub 8's in that session.

brododragon

I'm having a problem. I'll click on my best time of the session, it'll say generated on the 22nd (today), then I'll go to the actual solve in the bottom left and it'll say 20th. Help?

topppits

YouTube
Visit Channel
When I go to the actual solve it'll say generated on the 20th so it's not something like that.

Can we get a screenshot of this?

In the "current round statistics" pop up you get the "generated by cstimer on DATE" line at the very top and this should always have the current date. Since well, it's been generate right now.

Now if you activated it in the settings you'll see the date when you actually did that solve in the list below:
#. TIME SCRAMBLE DATE

When you click on a single time in the list (or the solve number on the left of it) you get this popup where you can write a comment, give it a +2, see (and copy) the scramble, delete it, ... and you also see the date of the solve at the bot. You can click the "1-solve stat." but at the bot to get to the same window you get when you click your single PB time in the overview at the top.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
so it means most of the solves in my current ao500 like between 7.85 and 9.69?
You’ve got the idea. What it really means is that about 68% of your solves are + or minus 1 standard deviation from your mean time, or ~68% of times are within the values your posted. you can take tour entire set of solve data (or any set of numbers) and use a a formula to calculate standard deviation formula. Those values can then be plotted on a graph with x axis as the “number of standard deviations” and the y axis as Your solve times. The shape of the graph will be the ever important bell curve.

I think standard deviation is the best measure of consistency we have in cubing because it shows how much variation exists in your best and worst solves when compared to your mean.

if you’ve ever had a teach talk about “curving an exam” grade they were most likely taking students grades and using the standard deviation and the normal distribution (bell curve) to determine final grades.

1590248944693.png
Edited to ask my own question:
Is it Possible to access a single CSTimer session on multiple devices, for example, my desktop computer, an ipad and my iphone? Or are sessions device specific? Thanks!

Last edited:

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
I've been playing around with the GoCube recently, and really love that cstimer supports the GoCube. I just noticed a weird issue with the times, the thousands aren't accurate. For each possible outcome I counted the number of times it occurs in a sample of 1851 solves, and this is the result:

0​
736​
1​
195​
2​
77​
3​
50​
4​
14​
5​
16​
6​
25​
7​
24​
8​
90​
9​
624​

The timestamps that I get for each move also look like they have the same problem. Is this an issue with the GoCube, or with CSTimer? Or something else? Can it be fixed?

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edited to ask my own question:
Is it Possible to access a single CSTimer session on multiple devices, for example, my desktop computer, an ipad and my iphone? Or are sessions device specific? Thanks!

Yes, if you click the export button at the top left you can log in with a google account or WCA ID and export your times. You can then import them on a different device

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, if you click the export button at the top left you can log in with a google account or WCA ID and export your times. You can then import them on a different device
Thanks. It sounds like you can't just login to some sort of account and solve on the same session on multiple devices "live" without the import/export feature?

You don't. You learned the hard way, that worrying about backups after you've lost your data is too late.

Don't make the mistake for other, actually really important data and start backing up your stuff NOW.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Ok, thank you, I will learn from this lesson and back up my files from now on.