• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hazel

Premium Member
@qq280833822 There's a bug I found in csTimer, thought you should know -
Usually, when you're using a bluetooth cube, the timer automatically starts when the scramble is done. But when using inputted scrambles, this doesn't happen. The "draw cube" tool still works correctly, so it can't be a problem with recognizing the cube state.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I just got my 3x3 PB, and I took a picture and stuff, did a few more solves, then went to go to my 4x4 session, but my sessions menu wasn't there. I exported my times yesterday and importing them fixed it, but my PB and all of the solves (about 75) were gone. Luckily I had my PB scramble, so I was able to manually input the time, but all of the other solves are gone. Does anyone know what happened?

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
So, I just got my 3x3 PB, and I took a picture and stuff, did a few more solves, then went to go to my 4x4 session, but my sessions menu wasn't there. I exported my times yesterday and importing them fixed it, but my PB and all of the solves (about 75) were gone. Luckily I had my PB scramble, so I was able to manually input the time, but all of the other solves are gone. Does anyone know what happened?
You didn't make a backup and your cookies got deleted or corrupted.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

You probably cleared your browser history

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The menu just wasn't there. It wasn't like all my sessions were gone.
Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 11.07.49 AM.png
This little menu icon was missing.

WCA
2019HENK01
Example: I intend to type "19.85" but miss the decimal point and type "1985". I cannot edit to correct the time. I can just delete that mistake and type it correctly, but then my time will not include the correct scramble. The problem is I cannot correct a mis-entered time.
after you delete your mistake, hit the button near the top that says 'last scramble' and then enter your time and it should be with the correct scramble.
You don't even have to type in the decimal point btw
You could just type in 12345 for example and it will show 1:23.45

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
after you delete your mistake, hit the button near the top that says 'last scramble' and then enter your time and it should be with the correct scramble.

You know what would be easier than that? The ability to edit your mistake.

You don't even have to type in the decimal point btw
You could just type in 12345 for example and it will show 1:23.45

You're missing the point entirely, no pun intended. New example: I intend to enter 1985 and enter 19985. Geeze.

WCA
2019HENK01
The thing is: You CAN correct your mistake as Owen explained. It is just a little harder/complicated than you wish. Mistyping usually doesn't happen that often so I don't really see the problem.
You know what would be easier than that? The ability to edit your mistake.

You're missing the point entirely, no pun intended. New example: I intend to enter 1985 and enter 19985. Geeze.
I just wanted to point that out and I was not referring to your problem.

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
The thing is: You CAN correct your mistake as Owen explained. It is just a little harder/complicated than you wish. Mistyping usually doesn't happen that often so I don't really see the problem.

I just wanted to point that out and I was not referring to your problem.

I don't understand the resistance to a perfectly reasonable feature request.

Deleting the time, hitting last scramble, and then re-entering the time is a workaround. It can get the job done but, yes, it's not as easy as it can be if one could simply edit times. This is why these things are called "feature requests", so we can avoid a work-around for missing functionality.

Do you have a perfectly valid reason that times should be read-only once entered?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I don't understand the resistance to a perfectly reasonable feature request.

Deleting the time, hitting last scramble, and then re-entering the time is a workaround. It can get the job done but, yes, it's not as easy as it can be if one could simply edit times. This is why these things are called "feature requests", so we can avoid a work-around for missing functionality.

Do you have a perfectly valid reason that times should be read-only once entered?

We're not resisting it. You said you had a problem where you'd mis-enter the time and lose the scramble, and Owen said you can simply press "last scramble" to get it back. Fun at the joy makes a side comment that you don't need to enter the decimal point, and you get mad, sarcastic, and generally unpleasant. Then you complain that everyone's resisting your request and attempt to unjustly pin the blame on the people pointing out a fix to your problem.

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
We're not resisting it. You said you had a problem where you'd mis-enter the time and lose the scramble, and Owen said you can simply press "last scramble" to get it back. Fun at the joy makes a side comment that you don't need to enter the decimal point, and you get mad, sarcastic, and generally unpleasant. Then you complain that everyone's resisting your request and attempt to unjustly pin the blame on the people pointing out a fix to your problem.

I'm aware of the workaround, as I have posted in the past:

A small feature I would find handy is the ability to edit times in the session list. I usually enter times by typing and sometimes mis-key them. As far as I know the only way to fix that and retain the scramble is to delete the time, hit "last" for scramble, and then re-enter the time.

I am making a feature request that times be editable, not looking for a workaround for times being read-only once entered.