• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cross speeds

vegascuber

I am currently taking a long time making the cross. Not sure why. I never looked at any algs or anything, I have just always made it. Is this the best approach? or, should I be looking at algs? Will my times get quicker naturally, or should i follow certain algs?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
You don't need any algs for the cross. Just put all the white edges around the yellow center (with yellow center on top), then do U turns to line up the edge with the center color, then do a 180 degree rotation of the side you lined up, and repeat that for all edges. You can average sub-5 with that. If you want to get quicker, check out Dan Harris' cross page. Google it. Good luck.

icke

WCA
2008THUR01
to improve your cross you just need practice. learn the color theme by heart and try to combine moves. so if you have a pice in the u layer and second layer use the move, for the second layer pice, to bring down the right pice from the u layer. plan your cross in your inspection time. it took me quite a wile to learn the cross as good as i can do it now. just sit down and do the cross over and over for like 10 or 15 min and you will be able to find easy ways on your own.