• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Creating a Cube timer

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
So basically, me and some of my mates have decided to create a prototype for a cube timer(a bit like a speedstacks timer) but it is more accessible for home use. Rather than having the time display on the timer, you plug the timer into a computer via usb and time will display on screen. This is so much easier than having to type in times to calculate averages or whatever.

How we are making it:
We decided to use a makey makey for the prototype. We connect space to one metal pad on the right side of the timer, and the earth to the left metal pad. This is good as it makes sure you have to start the timer with two hands.

Software:
This will work on any cube timer website(csTimer, etc) but I also created a simple scratch program to time(yes i know the scrambles are terrible lol. I average 30 and got 3.1 on it). Here it is: Cube Timer

I’d like to hear any ideas if you have any. I just thought I’d tell you guys about this.

Btw I didn’t count the 3.1 as a PB

Last edited:
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
nice scrambler lol

fortissim2

WCA
2016LAUI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
(yes i know the scrambles are terrible lol. I average 30 and got 3.1 on it)
I made a scrambling bot where the scrambles aren’t just pure random and glitchy (eg. R R’ U D U2 etc.) but every turn doesn’t interfere layers with the next move. It’s a bit inefficient, but at least it works :)

If you want to use it, here’s my program: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/347600252/