• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Contest: Guess the 2nd Place average at the Philippine Championship 2019

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Brenton seriously improved quite a bit it seems - while not a PB average, 11 of his last 12 averages were not under 7.8. Considering finals nerves, I thought it was fairly unlikely that second place would dip below 8 seconds, and that only turned out true because Sean underachieved in the finals.

It's likely not a cubecomps glitch, I'm guessing the organizers made an error in the 2nd round results that requires them to delete all of the rounds and start over with entry.

cubesrawesome

Looks like cubesrawesome (#2) actually won: he guessed 7.56 when the actual average is 7.60, congrats !!

Edit: Mwaha (#51) is closest with 7.59, but they edited their post after the contest ended so I don't think their answer can be taken into account :/
I thought i won

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
And the winner is Triangles_are_cubers, who guessed 8.23 when the 2nd Place finals was 8.22. Congrats. Please shoot me a PM with your address and phone number and I'll get a CUBICLE LABS LITTLE MAGIC M 3x3 sent.

Thanks for everyone who guessed, I will run more of these giveaways in the future.

Last edited: