• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Conscious Thought Research

sam

That's spectacular!
The real reason that I am researching this is because I cannot do that. I rarely have conscious thoughts during the day. I always thought that that was normal. I can have nothing in my head forever.
I guess part of it is nice (because I always just thoughts were distracting), but now I see that it's just different than how other people "think"

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's spectacular!
The real reason that I am researching this is because I cannot do that. I rarely have conscious thoughts during the day. I always thought that that was normal. I can have nothing in my head forever.
I guess part of it is nice (because I always just thoughts were distracting), but now I see that it's just different than how other people "think"

Yeah. When I was younger, I had trouble sleeping on many occasions. To pass the time, I thought. I just wondered about different things, and my mind raced. After what seemed to be five minutes was in reality an hour. I think it's this that has made me wonder about different things. Sometimes, however, the focus becomes out-of-whack. This happens especially while (trying) doing schoolwork. Stoopid distractions.

sam

For me, I actually get so distracted when I actually have thoughts that I just blank out on everything else. My vision even leaves me and I can't remember what happened in that time frame that I was thinking (only if it's something pretty intriguing)

dabmasta

interesting topic. I find it hard to sleep sometimes too. As mentioned above. It actually bugs me a bit

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For me, I actually get so distracted when I actually have thoughts that I just blank out on everything else. My vision even leaves me and I can't remember what happened in that time frame that I was thinking (only if it's something pretty intriguing)

I never can blank out. On anything. Something always has to happen. Usually, throughout the day, there is music running through my head. If it's good enough and I transcribe it, I work with it to write music.

sam

Thanks to everyone here for their input!!
I have almost 100 responses now and I'm hoping for more, but this is probably fine.
Will publish results when I have them.

Rpotts

WCA
2010POTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
lol im used to smashboards 10charing me all the time.

On topic, I regularly have music or just random melodies or rhythms going on in my head. Unlike Ranzha, I can rarely transcribe it, let alone remember how it went when I get to my guitar.

I also sometimes have images of a 3x3 in my head, which I can manipulate, but I am unsure how accurate my mental recreations are. I can usually follow a few pieces, but the remainder of the cube is blank or out of sight/mind. I have used it to visualize algs that woner has told me in the car 'n stuff.

I also can get some pretty intense closed eye, or open eye visuals, especially when I'm under the influence of thc. I get free form objects, sometimes faces that shift as my stream of conscious shifts to another idea. I first noticed this when I was in high school, and I have some what developed the ability to control/create the visuals.

Yea falling asleep can be hard sometimes.

YouTube
Visit Channel
lol im used to smashboards 10charing me all the time.

On topic, I regularly have music or just random melodies or rhythms going on in my head. Unlike Ranzha, I can rarely transcribe it, let alone remember how it went when I get to my guitar.

I also sometimes have images of a 3x3 in my head, which I can manipulate, but I am unsure how accurate my mental recreations are. I can usually follow a few pieces, but the remainder of the cube is blank or out of sight/mind. I have used it to visualize algs that woner has told me in the car 'n stuff.

I also can get some pretty intense closed eye, or open eye visuals, especially when I'm under the influence of thc. I get free form objects, sometimes faces that shift as my stream of conscious shifts to another idea. I first noticed this when I was in high school, and I have some what developed the ability to control/create the visuals.

Yea falling asleep can be hard sometimes.

i herd you liek the tetris effect?