• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Come Join the MoYu Not-Cult! (Qiyi and MoYu Need members for the planned comps!)

Timoth3

I am inviting you today (or tomorrow) to join the MoYu not a cult. Assuming we get a decent amount of members we may be competing against the MGC Fanclub. Details on that are not yet known.

Why you should join the MoYu not a cult:
1. Moyu has the best 4x4s (possibly 5x5? Auchuong WR M just came out) and many main the Moyu WoRM and GTS3M.

2. By joining the MoYu not a cult you gain access to the ultimate comeback in the cubing community only available as a member. (*you are insulted* MO YU!)

3. We have cookies. Yes. Cookies. Does the MGC Fanclub have that? No. Well, maybe, I’m not sure.

What you can expect as a member:
1. A point system to determine the ultimate MoYu not a cult member (details on this are in the works).

2. Head to head team battles against other not cults to determine the ultimate brand of cubes. (More not cults are needed for this to happen. Feel free to step up and create a rival to the best not a cult!)

3. Cookies not really, sorry.

How you join:
Send me a picture of your MoYu collection. Only one is needed to join. However, the more MoYu cubes you have the better your rank will be.

Members:
@Timoth3
@Cubingcubecuber
@EliteCuber
@Master_Disaster
@CrispyCubing
@u Cube
@Phyun

Last edited:

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am inviting you today (or tomorrow) to join the MoYu not a cult. Assuming we get a decent amount of members we may be competing against the MGC Fanclub. Details on that are not yet known.

Why you should join the MoYu not a cult:
1. Moyu has the best 4x4s (possibly 5x5? Auchuong WR M just came out) and many main the Moyu WoRM and GTS3M.

2. By joining the MoYu not a cult you gain access to the ultimate comeback in the cubing community only available as a member. (*you are insulted* MO YU!)

3. We have cookies. Yes. Cookies. Does the MGC Fanclub have that? No. Well, maybe, I’m not sure.

What you can expect as a member:
1. A point system to determine the ultimate MoYu not a cult member (details on this are in the works).

2. Head to head team battles against other not cults to determine the ultimate brand of cubes. (More not cults are needed for this to happen. Feel free to step up and create a rival to the best not a cult!)

3. Cookies not really, sorry.

How you join:
Send me a picture of your MoYu collection. Only one is needed to join. However, the more MoYu cubes you have the better your rank will be.

Members:
@Timoth3
Do sub brands count?

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a good idea on how we will battle. In Cubing at Home 5 we find the average of the top 3 competitors in our Club/Cult in every event. If less than 3 people competed, just average the averages of people who did compete. The Club/Cult who wins an event gets 5 points, 2nd place gets 3 points, and last place gets -1 points. We then tally up all of the points and the Club/Cult with the most points wins!

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's actually the other way around, moyu is a subbrand of yj
Well it was before they split. Basically Moyu used YJ factories, then a couple of years ago they became independent of each other (I think) and therefore became separate companies. This is also why the MFJS Sub-brand was founded to keep budget cubers interested in Moyu. Same for YJ when they made the MGC Line so they could appeal to elite speedcubers. All in all I think that after the split both companies have done very well in providing excellent quality products that are actually different from previous versions (GAN stop selling us the same cube with a slight variation in customizability that no one asked for since it was already in the EDM and you literally just stole that and the dual elasticity system. Gotta love the apple of cubing without the parts that make apple good)

Timoth3

UPDATE: Cake is offered digitally now as well. Also, if we actually want to organize these team comps we could use a couple of members for the MoYu not a cult and the Qiyi somethinrathers so regardless if neither Qiyi or Moyu is your favorite brand we still need YOU so this can happen.