• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Colorado Springs Open 2015

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Oh hey neat. I didn't see this until right now but I'll be in town then and can help out with whatever.

RjFx2

I'm happy to say that as a Christmas present, I am going to this competition (and going skiing for the first time)!!!!!!!

Last edited:

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I have a big box of random puzzles, some used, some new that I want to sell. Will sell individual puzzles or the entire lot. It is probably 50+ puzzles. I think every WCA event is covered in this box, plus tons of misc. ones.

@Chickenwrap: I have brand new LanLan, WitTwo, NowStore, etc. 2x2's, plus a few decent used ones. You can have a look.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
I'm a little confused about what's going on with the registrations right now. The main page has been updated saying that the competition will be limited to 55 competitors; fine, but it also seems like the registrations have been reset or many competitors have been removed (maybe the ones who didn't pay at registration? not sure about this), so two questions:

1) Was this intentional and should we re-register if our registrations were deleted?

2) Do you intend to notify people via e-mail that their registrations have been deleted? I found out because I happened to check the website, but no one told me and there was no mention of it in the thread, so I could have just as easily shown up to the competition thinking I was still registered and been unable to compete.

3) Do we have any flexibility with the venue? What resource are we worried about not having enough of (space? food?) and is there any way we can get more of it? I realize this is a stretch this late in the game and I'm not sure what conversations you guys have already had with the venue, but I think it's definitely worth pursuing creative options if there's a possibility that we can avoid limiting the registration numbers. Please let me know if there's any way I can help.

Last edited:

Myachii

WCA
2013MORR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm guessing the reason they removed all of the competitors was because somebody signed Feliks and Mats up and they had to either a) remove them or b) find out who did it.

AJ Blair

WCA
2009BLAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
From Daniel Hayes on Facebook:

Hey, everyone. Matt and I had a quick talk, and we were worried about the size of the comp. Registration boomed much more than expected, and we're worried about the venue. As such, I just posted a notice on the competition page: We are now imposing a 55 competitor limit at the comp. Meaning there are only 8 spots left. Sorry for the last minute restriction, but I kinda started to panic at the size of this thing. (Excited for a nice comp though!)
If anyone has any questions or comments, please let us know!

I'm just going to re-register just to be sure my spot is saved, the worst that could happen is they would have to remove one of my registrations.