• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Colorado Springs Open 2014?

SpeedSolve

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there any news on this? Or any comps in the near future around here? I've been getting faster and I'm eager to compete. :p

I haven't seen much activity out of the Colorado cubers either so I don't know what's going on around here!

AJ Blair

WCA
2009BLAI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Jackson Warley, who usually helped organize the competitions at Fountain Valley High School in Colorado Springs, is going to college in California now. So he's not around to organize competitions anymore. We usually hold one once a year nowadays in early April. I don't know if we still have access to the venue now that Jackson is no longer attending that high school. I know a few people had mentioned organizing another comp before the end of the year, but I don't know if any progress was made on that. I'd gladly organize one myself if I had the time, but unfortunately, as an art student, I have zero time for that :/

If you're interested in organizing a competition, I'd contact Daniel Hayes, who's our in-state delegate. It's tough work and a lot of thought goes into it. But if you're serious about it, I'd go that route.

Bh13

WCA
2013HOPP01
If there was a competition in colorado I would definitley attend.I went to the Colorado springs open 2013 and had a great time, but I don't think I could help organize a competition.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
As AJ said, I'm in California now, so I won't be of as much help organization-wise. However, if there's enough interest, I'm sure we could get access to the same venue again, and I'd probably try to fly out to CO to see people and help run things.