• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CMOS: New Good Synchronized Cubing Timer

CMOS

Over the past year I have been developing and testing a cubing software which you can find here.

Advantages of CMOS over other cubing timers:
- CMOSTimer automatically saves your times on a server and creates backups every three days so that deleted solves (by software or human error) can be recovered, thus you won't ever lose all of your times again.
- Your times are synchronized between all your devices automatically.
- CMOS combines actually gathering times by solving and analyzing them. Some examples include counting the amount of times below a reference time or getting statistics per session, to just name a few.
- CMOSTimer has a lot of options, nearly everything is configurable.
- CMOS receives updates and bugfixes multiple times every month to ensure both the safety of your data and top-notch user experience.
- You can choose any combination of any random-moves NxNxN, NxNxP, and N-layer minx scramblers to produce any relay scrambler.
- WCA Scramblers are used for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, Pyraminx, Megaminx, Skewb, Clock and FMC
- CMOS includes a algorithm database which shows a lot of statistics and allows you to practice algorithms.

If you need your times transferred from any of the other major cube timing systems, send me an email

If you find any bugs or have suggestions on how to improve CMOS, please post them here or contact me at [email protected]

Last edited:
WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This is a great timer! I love all of the features (my favorite being all of the different scrambles and ability to make relay scrambles). Also Is there any way to make splits like on cs timer?

Last edited:

CMOS

Thank you!
Currently, the only splits are between inspection and solve timing, but I will implement multiple solve time splits soon, as it seems to be a useful feature.

CMOS

Splitting your solve time into any number of phases is now implemented. You can view the individual phase times in the solve details.

I also fixed a bug, where a time over a minute entered by typing with centisecond precision would be interpreted incorrect.

CMOS

Split times only show if there was more than one phase done on that, so make sure the option "Time phases" is set to something greater than 1 when doing the solve you want to have split times on.
Assuming you have a solve done with multiple times in the current session, select it by clicking on the time of that solve in the timelist. The solve time and id should now show up in the middle. Now click the details button below the big time. Below the scramble (or the buttons to show or change the scramble), you will find the total time, followed by the individual phase times.

CMOS

Because there were some problems with the current WCA scramblers, CMOSTimer uses tnoodle (=WCA) scramblers for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, Pyraminx, Megaminx, Skewb, FMC and Clock now. There are also new scramble images available for Pyraminx, Megaminx, Skewb and Clock. The new WCA scramblers are selected as default scramblers in the corresponding session.

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
Wow, nice timer! Love it that its so easy to use it on multiple devices! cstimer's export and import was so annoying :p

Keep up the great work!

Overclocked

The timer is really great! I guess I will use it in the future because I just hate it when cs deletes my sessions without a reason. Thanks for importing my times from cs!:)
I really like the features beside just the timer. Like the alg section or the cube collection. I’m hyped for the improving of these and new features:D
What are all of the shortcuts in the timer? I only have figured out „1“ for Enter by typing and „esc“ for cancel a unintentionally started solve. Are there some for +2 or DNF as well? Also self defined shortcuts for selecting another session would be awesome.
Thanks for this awesome timer and keep your good work man!:pHope I can get some nice pbs with it. (Special thanks for the clock Scramble images. There are not many timers out there which have these ^^)

CMOS

Thank you, @FJT97 and @Overclocked!

@Overclocked: As you also can see in the help file, the shortcuts currently implemented are Escape to abort inspection, 1 for Enter time by typing and Backspace to delete the selected solve.
Based on your suggestion, I will implement some to toggle +2 penalty, toggle DNF, go to the next session and go to the previous session.

Last edited:

Overclocked

Thank you, @FJT97 and @Overclocked!

@Overclocked: As you also can see in the help file, the shortcuts currently implemented are Escape to abort inspection, 1 for Enter time by typing and Backspace to delete the selected solve.
Based on your suggestion, I will implement some to toggle +2 penalty, toggle DNF, go to the next session and go to the previous session.

Ok thank you :). I’m lolking forward for updates which make the timer even better ^^. It’s in a really early state right now so it will be interesting how the timer will look after some time has passed!

CMOS

Shortcuts for next scramble (2), toggle +2 (3) and toggle DNF (4) are now available.

There now is a new statistic available, time distribution, which displays the number of solves in a configurable interval and the percentage of the total number of solves. All intervals with 0 solves lower than the best and higher than the worst solve and optionally also between displayed data are not displayed. It can be configured to only include the last x solves to only include relevant data. You can change the statistic displayed in each statistic region by clicking the word "Statistics" at the top left.

upload_2018-1-30_20-10-36.png

CMOS

A few things have been updated during the last two weeks.
- the statistics now support success streaks and success averages, the average of n successes, without counting the DNFs. These may be useful for BLD or onelooking practise.
- the statistics can be selected different for 2H, OH, BLD, FMC and Feet. This is useful if you want to show success rate only for BLD or show ao1000 only for 2H and OH Events, not for BLD (as you usually don't get a ao1000 there)
- subsessions, a selection of solves defined by a start index and ranging to the end of all solves of the session, are now implemented. They have seperate statistics if enabled, so you can track your best times today and compare them to the best overall times. The range of the current subsession is shown below the current session in the sessionselect, you can hide it if you want or display all subsessions done, it is all configurable.
- The timelist can now switch to a text mode, similar to qqTimer
- As many people prefer a simpler interface, CMOS can now switch the component layout. There currently are the two CMOS layouts, the normal one and one a bit similar to csTimer, and one simulating qqTimer. The last one is experimental, but combining the automatic time saving and the statistics (time statistics, session statistics, sub-x, pb list) missing in qqTimer with the good layout of qqTimer seems like a good combination.

CMOS

The timer can now be accessed without registration, if you want to test it out before registration. You can access it from the menu on the website or with the direct link.
Warning: Your solve times are saved on your computer, but are not synchronized to the server. That means, that no backups of your solves can be taken. If you mess up and somehow the file containing localStorage of your browser gets deleted, there is no way to get your solves back. Your settings are also not saved and there is no session configuration. If you want to do more than just trying it out, creating an account is recommended.

CMOS

Updates:
- There now is a option for a small delay after finishing solving to prevent accidentally starting the next solve by hitting spacebar twice.
- There now is a scramble font size option.
- Statistics can now be sorted and more customized. Custom averages and means are also possible now. New statistics (session average and session mean) have been added.
- FMC sessions now have a counter counting backwards from 1 hour.

A quick note since I get asked this quite often: It is possible to import from almost any cubing timer into CMOS. Just send me a message containing your username, the timer export and instructions, if you want only some sessions imported or something else special.

CMOS

I am looking for people to test the timer and find some of the few remaining bugs. If you want to test, join the Discord and assign yourself the tester role.

CMOS has progressed and improved a lot in the past half year. The whole thing has been rewritten and more than one hundred bugs have been fixed. There also are a few new features.

Try it out here: https://speed-cmos.com
CMOS Discord: https://discord.gg/TUpeTMg (after joining, type -agree to be able to see everything)
You can view images of the new CMOS here: http://imgur.com/a/8bOQZUy

Here's what the main features currently are:
  • flexible configuration
  • detailed statistics
  • stackmat support
  • solves saved in cloud so you'll never lose them
  • importing times from most timers
Sessions:
  • Unlimited number
  • Each session has a scrambler and event assigned
  • Defining subsessions to select the statistic range is possible
  • Merging sessions is possible.
Statistics:
  • Single, mean of x, average of x, session mean, session average, success streak, success rate, subsession single, subsession mean of x and subsession average of x can be displayed directly in the timer.
  • Inspection distribution graph
  • PB graph
  • time graph
  • PB history list (single, mean and averages)
  • Number of solves sub-x
  • Longest streak of sub-x solves
Scramblers:
  • tNoodle scramblers for 2x2x2,3x3x3,5x5x5, Pyraminx, Megaminx, Skewb, Clock and BLD
  • Random moves scramblers for any NxNxN, NxNxP, N-layered Minx, NxN clock and 40 other events including PLL, LSLL, ZBLL, 2GLL, LL and F2L
  • All scramblers can be combined into relay scramblers.
Options: Around 65 options for really anything
Other features:
  • FMC timer and input
  • MBLD timer and input
  • Enter time by typing
  • Stackmat input
  • PB Prediction
  • Time and solve based Goals
  • Fake solve time detection
  • Importing times from any major timer

Wow! This timer looks amazing, I think this is the first time I've considered not using cstimer. Is there anyway for me to import my cstimer times?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Cubing Help & Questions 4