• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ChaoTimer Released! (iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch Timer)

supergin

WCA
2011LIJI01
^_^ Please rate 5 stars after you try it. Thanks!:)
======================================================
Get it in the app store: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chaotimer/id537516001?ls=1&mt=8
Or just search for "ChaoTimer" in app store.

v3.0 (10/25)
- New icon, new user interface and completely new design for iOS 7.
- Added 7 new themes. The most beautiful cube timer ever!
- Added 38 new types of scramble, including SQ1 random state, 2x2 CLL/EG training, 3x3 last layer/PLL trainings, etc.
- Added more details for each solve.
- Added more options in timer settings.

Note: It will crash if you tap on the HELP tab. Sorry about that, I have uploaded v3.0.1 to the app store which will fix this and be available in few days.
v2.2 (1/5)
- Fixed some bugs.
- User can decide timer start freezing time.

v2.1 (12/10)
- Provide the best and perfect session management. Better than any other timers.

v2.0 (11/25)
- Support iPhone 5 and iOS 6
- New designed User Interface

v1.3 (11/15)

- Significantly improved 3x3x3 random state scramble speed.
- Set default scramble to 3x3x3 random state instead of old style.
- User interface improved.
- Minor bug fixed.

v2.0 is coming up.
completely new designed UI, support iPhone 5.

v1.2

- WCA inspection is now available.
- Share your solves to Twitter and Renren.
- Copy your results to pasteboard, and you can paste it to anywhere, easy for weekly competition.
- Optimize user interface.
- Bug fixed.

v1.1 updatd

- You can post your stats to Facebook and Sina Weibo, share with your friends!
- Improve the User Interface.
- Support Chinese.
- Bug fixed.

======================================
ChaoTimer is a cube timer for speedcubers with neat design. Without any buttons in the timer tab, ChaoTimer supports different gestures to delete last solve, reset sessions, change scramble types, etc. It supports 3x3 random state scramble.

Features:
-Scramblers for All WCA official puzzles and some unofficial puzzles.
-Random state scrambles for 2x2x2, Pyraminx, AND! 3x3x3!.
-Stats calculation. Shows session average, session mean, average of 5/12/100, best time and worst time.
-Neat design. Support different gestures.
More features are coming soon!

This is a universal app and costs 0.99 dollar. However, it will be free for couple of days next week, after the first update. Thanks for support!

Last edited:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd definitely try it out if it were free, but I'm good with sctimer right now. Sorry. What days next week will it be free? I know this sounds... Greedy? But I'm going to be gone from the 30th to the 8th... :(

supergin

WCA
2011LIJI01
Sweet! Will they be here? I'll be anxiously awaiting them and this timer!
BTW, how do you use a promo code? Do you enter it like a giftcard?

Yeah, redeeming promo codes is easy, launch your iTunes, look on the right side for “Quick Links” and click on “Redeem”, enter the promo code, and click "Redeem" to download the app.:eek:

BlueDevil

WCA
2011LOWR01
Just downloaded the app. It seems like a good timer. I only did a few solves, but all of the finger motions seem to be working right.

One issue is the scrambles for clock. I understand that your 'concise' scramble is nice, but you shouldn't expect that everyone knows the pattern for the pins while scrambling clock. I think having two options ('long' and 'concise') would be nice.

Also, something else I would like to see in an update is an option to choose whether times go to the hundredths, or thousandths place. (so choose .xy or .xyz)

Thanks for the free codes! and I like the app.

supergin

WCA
2011LIJI01
Just downloaded the app. It seems like a good timer. I only did a few solves, but all of the finger motions seem to be working right.

One issue is the scrambles for clock. I understand that your 'concise' scramble is nice, but you shouldn't expect that everyone knows the pattern for the pins while scrambling clock. I think having two options ('long' and 'concise') would be nice.

Also, something else I would like to see in an update is an option to choose whether times go to the hundredths, or thousandths place. (so choose .xy or .xyz)

Thanks for the free codes! and I like the app.

Thanks! I'll add those features in the following versions.:tu

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yay thanks! I had a mini panic attack cause I started from the bottom code, thinking that the first few would be redeemed and the bottom two had already been used. I got it though with one of them! Trying it out now!
Thanks!

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This looks great! It's nice and simple, and for the first time on iOS... random state 3x3x3 scrambles! I'm excited about that.

However, your initialization sounds unnecessarily slow. Mark 2 initializes for me in under 10 seconds (and generates several 20-22-ish move scrambles per second after that. It uses a Javascript version of Shuang Chen's min2phase. Perhaps a port of that would be feasible? I would love to see 3x3x3 random-state scrambles as default. (Even better, I would love to have libraries of scrambles in major programming languages, mostly C and Java -> Javascript, free for anyone to use in their programs. No one should be implementing scrambles from scratch...)

Anyhow, the interface is very eager to catch taps. This interferes with the four-finger pinch gesture (for closing the app) on iPad.

Also, the in-app gestures are a cool idea, but I don't think they're intuitive and memorable enough. Some simple way to access them might be nicer. Perhaps start swiping to see the options or have a recessed options panel?

Nice job overall, though. I'll probably start using this instead of iiTimer, for the random-state scrambles. I hope you keep working on it.

Last edited by a moderator: