• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Caring for my new cube.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys.
My name is Jack, I'm 14 and have been speed cubing (slowly) for a month now. I have been looking round the forum recently and thought it best to sign up. I look forward to chatting to all of you as you seem very nice.

Anyway, I have just purchased a printed Dian Sheng from RubikFan's Ebay. It's immense and totally outclasses my old damaged Rubik's cube. It's so nice I am seriously careful when cubing with it and wondered, what can I do to keep it in great condition, prevent loss of colour etc..

I tried searching for words like "Caring for" "looking after", but couldnt find anything. Hope I posted this correctly.

Oh and Hi again.:D
By the way, my avatar isn't a picture of mine specifically.

Last edited:
P

pappas

im always careful with a new cube for about 2 days then it just becomes one of my other cubes.

IamWEB

WCA
2009BOAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lose colors? lol unless you're using storebought stickers, that won't happen.

Clean every 2 weeks, maybe 3, maybe 4 or a month... whenever you feel it's dirty inside (it happens over time).

Lube it again if it feels rusty, play with it often, and read it a bed time story every night before bed. :)

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
Lose colors? lol unless you're using storebought stickers, that won't happen.

Clean every 2 weeks, maybe 3, maybe 4 or a month... whenever you feel it's dirty inside (it happens over time).

Lube it again if it feels rusty, play with it often, and read it a bed time story every night before bed. :)

I think it's a painted DS. If you do start to lose the colors, get stickers from cubesmith.com. Clean it about every three weeks (depending on your frequency of use). Other than that, they hold up pretty well.

empty

Yes, the color will definitely disappear on your painted Diansheng. You'll have to buy stickers sometime if you want to use it for a longer time. Mine is about 2 months old and the color comes off a bit, but it's still okay.